Snarky Brides
Options

Well, shit

InkdancerInkdancer member
First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
edited April 2014 in Snarky Brides
In a meeting this morning, cracked a joke about how work is going to grind to a halt when my friend and I both go on our honeymoons (scheduled for the same week).

Friend says "Uh, yeah, about that.... we broke off our engagement last night."

So, I feel like a massive ass right now. >.<

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: Well, shit

• Options
    Blahh moments like that are awful. I had one where I was like "Don't you hate overbearing mothers??" And the guy was like "My mom passed away a few months ago."

So awkward and practically unavoidable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ouch. You didn't know though! 
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Well, at least you solved your friend's problem about figuring out how to tell people?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!! You couldn't have known that, though. Totally not your fault, but awkward!!
  • Options
    lol coming from someone who just "broke off" an engagement, dont beat yourself up about it. She really shouldve just smiled and let it go. They just broke it off last night so those are her emotions talking right now. Just brush it off.
  • Options
    There was no way you could have know.

I'd probably offer cookies or a happy hour now....

• Options
    There was no way you could have know.

I'd probably offer cookies or a happy hour now....

I offered to get him either tea or bourbon. I have a feeling he'll choose the bourbon.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Been there before.... but on the other side. Was engaged once before (a couple years ago) and broke up 5 months before the wedding. I am a kindergarten teacher and during our kindergarten registration night, I introduced myself to the parents and a students' mother said "well, you won't be Miss CamiSelene for much longer!" I ended up saying "Actually, yes, I will be". Lol, made for a funny story later and saved me from having to explain it multiple times. Hahaha, gotta love those awkward moments though!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A new friend from a previous job asked me what I did for the weekend. I start gloating about all my cute DIY projects for pregnant FSIL. She seemed very uninterested/neutral and wanted to change the subject so I stopped.

Later she pulled me aside and told me she had just gotten back from leave of absence due to losing her baby 20 weeks along. I wanted to cry I felt so bad.

Sometimes there's just no way we can know things. I think even though they correct us they understand.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of these stories make me really sad but also make me feel better about not being the only person who sometimes sticks her foot in it.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Oh the foot in mouth moments. We've all had them. And not on purpose.

Last summer I was talking to a bunch of coworkers at the time. The one was a friend from college's dad. I literally had never talked about this man's wife in any capacity EVER. I joked around and said "Tim - how would your wifey feel about blah blah blah" - his face just faded. His wife of 30 years had literally just walked out on him the weekend before. Which he just blurted out at me.

I felt like such an ass. BUT I didn't know - and he knew that - and it was never a problem between us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards