Snarky Brides
Options

Another "Last Week on Wedding Wire" Installment; Good Advice Edition

At first, the OP sounds sane...  http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/no-shows-at-wedding-be-prepared/4aeabf4baba9fa3e.html

Then it goes downhill...

"our best man and his family never showed up either.

invoice them bitches"

"This is why it's a good idea for brides to undercount if the venue holds them to final numbers. Always ask if they can accommodate 3-5 extras if they show up. If they can, undercount by 3-5 depending on the people."

"Thank God we had a back up best man step right in!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another "Last Week on Wedding Wire" Installment; Good Advice Edition

• Options
  • Options
    I think this was my favorite comment about the BM not getting his plane ticket "The day before?? Holy crap! Did he not have a wife handle that for him? LOL!! Sorry he left you in a lurch!"

WTF? A grown man needs to have a wife if things like travel arrangements need to be made?!
  • Options
    afox007 said:
    I think this was my favorite comment about the BM not getting his plane ticket "The day before?? Holy crap! Did he not have a wife handle that for him? LOL!! Sorry he left you in a lurch!" WTF? A grown man needs to have a wife if things like travel arrangements need to be made?!
    Yeah that one got a mega eye roll from me.  When I encounter people like this in real life, I spring in the opposite direction.  Can we have a little class, people?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha I love the comment about the back-up best man! Really?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Geez did ya'll catch this gem of a comment?

"I feel like this could be a good etsy shop: classy invoices for your no-show wedding guests and the un-thank you card (for no gifters)"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

"I feel like this could be a good etsy shop: classy invoices for your no-show wedding guests and the un-thank you card (for no gifters)"
    The invoices and in-thank you'd should come packed with glitter to really make them suffer, but don't worry the brides can add the extra cost of glitter to the invoice.

And of course the Etsy shop won't be complete without marketing towards moms of little snowflakes. Products could include "how dare you give my child a D on a project he barely worked on" letters and invoices for children's birthdays.
  • Options
    This is why I love TK. I was internally screaming at the wife comment and "Un-Thank you cards". WTF???

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    afox007 said:

The invoices and in-thank you'd should come packed with glitter to really make them suffer, but don't worry the brides can add the extra cost of glitter to the invoice. And of course the Etsy shop won't be complete without marketing towards moms of little snowflakes. Products could include "how dare you give my child a D on a project he barely worked on" letters and invoices for children's birthdays.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This lovely idea jumped out at me, nothing like calling in the seat-fillers!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate • 
    I feel the pain - 2 dyas left and have people just now saying they can't come! Thankfully I had a few people who wanted to bring dates and couldn't so I am filling a few spots with them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rebl90 said:

This lovely idea jumped out at me, nothing like calling in the seat-fillers!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate • 
    I feel the pain - 2 dyas left and have people just now saying they can't come! Thankfully I had a few people who wanted to bring dates and couldn't so I am filling a few spots with them!
    I hope you pressed "flag as inappropriate" :)

image   image   image

• Options
    Did you see the in depth discussion about you (and other knotties) on the Superman Bride post? They really seem to think people can't frequent both forums and not be "spies."
  • Options
    Gives me an interesting idea if I get invited to a wedding that I know will be a shitshow. RSVP and don't show up. lol juuussttt kidding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Anyone else catch the response from the gal who's mom "made" her invite the mom's boss and boss's wife, and when they didn't show, Mom BITCHED THE BOSS OUT about how much money was wasted? Boss actually apologized to the mom, but I'm wondering if that doesn't belong in the "Professional Darwinism" thread on etiquette hell.
  • Options
    On the one hand....yeah, it would unforgivable and BEYOND rude to actually put into practice what those brides are advocating. Invoicing? Back up Best Man? Filling spots? Yeah, totally etiquette no-nos. 

But I can't fault anyone for being pissed off at some of those stories. The best man deciding not to show up AT ALL with no warning? Yeah, I would be livid. (Unfortunately, it's looking like FI & I might be facing this situation...) People RSVPing yes (with a date) and then not showing up and not providing an explanation? Furious.

At my cousin's wedding last summer, my uncle shelled out thousands for catering from a local restaurant for the 200 people who had RSVP'd yes. The day of the wedding, FIFTY of those people did not show up and as far as I know, never gave a warning, explanation, excuse, etc- and it was mostly family members!! There was a shit-load of food left over and my uncle was adamant that it not get thrown out, so my parents took it all to our house and we split it up among the rest of the family. Do you have any idea how much extra food that was?! Food for FIFTY FREAKIN PEOPLE? I ate those wedding leftovers for a damned week before FI and I got sick of it and threw them out. My uncle was infuriated at all the wasted money those people cost him. Would he ever actually send them an invoice? Oh hell no. But I can understand the need these brides have to rant a little. 

(I like to play Devil's advocate around here. I can't help it. But at least I know better than to actually DO the things the people talk about.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is hilarious.  And imo these are the same kind of people that will choose "Tiffany" blue as a wedding color, because, you know, that's claasssy. 
  • Options
    This is hilarious.  And imo these are the same kind of people that will choose "Tiffany" blue as a wedding color, because, you know, that's claasssy. 
    Hey, I wanted Tiffany blue as one of my wedding colors! Not to be classy, though, but because I was afraid red and blue would make our wedding look a little TOO patriotic (wedding is 7/5). In the end, FI wanted royal blue and I really didn't care enough to argue over it. After all, no one is going to give a flying flip about our colors.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @cookiepusher Ok ok, I yield lol.  I don't know about you but I've seen sooo many pins about using that color = classy wedding.  My point was that it seems like it's the same people who behave atrociously... never understading that it's how you treat people that conveys class, not colors.
  • Options
    haha using Tiffany Blue because you think that Tiffany = Classy :: My Tiffany Blue Wedding = Classy is insane.  For a lot of reasons.  Not the least of which is that anyone who knows anything about jewelry realizes that Tiffany's is completely overpriced and charges a huge fee essentially to give you a blue box, so people who want seriously "classy" (read: expensive, high quality) jewelry don't actually shop there.
  • Options
    Yea, I definitely don't equate Tiffany blue with classy at all. I equate it with over-priced. But it's a nice color if you leave out the connotations! Especially with apple red, which is why I wanted to use it. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a whole lot of "classy" at my wedding, what with the game of flip cup that will invariably start in a corner somewhere and bar-crawl after the reception! lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards