Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Golf Club?

Hi there!  I'm hoping to ask if anyone here has experience with the Pittsburgh Golf Club as a wedding venue (either as your wedding venue, a potential venue that you considered, or as a guest)?  I'd love to ask for your feedback about the pros/cons!  Thanks!

Re: Pittsburgh Golf Club?

• I had my reception there back in 2010. It was definitely one of the best parts about my wedding day. It's such a classy place not to mention brimming with history (it dates from the turn of the last century). Since it's a private club they can't advertise like some places which only made it all the more unique and special especially since the majority of our Pittsburgh guests were unaware of it. I didn't look at a ton of reception venues (only two others) but this felt like "the one" while we touring it. Our ceremony was at Heinz Chapel so the convenience factor was also huge. 

It's pricier than some venues but if you have the money I would definitely recommend it. The food is AMAZING. Seriously, we had so many guests say it was the best wedding food they had ever had including our DJ who has obviously been to a ton of weddings. Some of the things I liked most about it were that your reception is the only event going on (we toured another facility where there would have been dueling receptions), they were great to work with in terms of customizing our cocktail hour (I provided recipes for some tapas I wanted to be served as hor d'oeuvres), the pastry chef was also amazing and created exactly what I wanted. 

I don't come on all the time but feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Here's a link to my photographer's blog post on the reception details (gives you some idea about what stuff looks like etc):

My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Wow, thanks so much for the info and the photo link!  Your wedding looks absolutely gorgeous!  I'm glad to hear there were many positives -- any snafus or issues that came up?  I appreciate your input lots.
  • Happy to have helped! I only discovered it as it was on a list of reception venues on the Heinz Chapel website, otherwise I don't think I would have ever known about it! So yes, the lack of info when researching such a big decision is tough.

No, my wedding day was truly flawless. During the planning process the event coordinator who we had booked under, left for a new job and there were some minor communication glitches during the transition. But as my wedding got nearer and especially on the day itself, it was perfect. 

They do have private rooms/shower if you want to get ready there (not sure if that is mentioned on their website). They also were accommodating in letting us come out one evening before the wedding to take measurements, try out decorations etc. 

Good luck! 
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards