South Carolina

Affordable venues in Charleston, SC...any hidden gems?!?!

Hi everyone! I am new to the knot...I've been engaged since February 2014...looking to get married next Spring 2015. I have accomplished NOTHING as far as wedding planning b/c I am so frustrated trying to find an affordable venue in Charleston, SC!  My fiancee and I currently live in Virginia, but we lived in Charleston for years and would love to get married there.  Our budget for the entire wedding is $20,000.  I don't even care about the venue "style" ...I just need ideas! Anyone know of any hidden gems that preferably offers:

-indoor and outdoor reception area
-holds up to 175-200 guests
- can bring your own caterer and alcohol (this would be ideal, but not required considering it is so hard to find)

Thank you so much!!

Re: Affordable venues in Charleston, SC...any hidden gems?!?!

• Good luck with finding anything remotely inexpensive in Chas! The places that come to mind are:

Charleston Yacht Club
    http://charlestonyachtclub.com/?page_id=6

Or maybe try like Francis Marion or Creek Club at I'on? You will definitely need to find a place that comes with rentals already.  Ooh maybe the Cooper River Room or Harborside East? Not sure the prices on those. Or even the Lighthouse on Shem Creek if that is the feel you are going for!

Best of luck to you!
  • Check out the Visitor Center on Meeting St.  You can rent both the building and the bus shed for pretty inexpensive.  There is nothing supplied, so you would need to rent tables, chairs, linens, etc.  You can bring in your own caterer but I'm pretty sure that you can't bring your own alcohol because all of the vendors need to have a city business license. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards