Attire & Accessories Forum

What type of jewelry with neckline?

My dress is a simple modified aline in cream silk shantung. It is a vneck with one section of fabric crossing over the other side, and it has moderately thin straps.

My fiancé requested I wear my hair down or half back (it is medium-long, below my shoulder blades).

What type of jewelry would work with a down 'do and a vneck with straps? Long earrings seem like they may get lost in the hair or look too busy, but something like a single strand of pearls and pearl studs seem also too much - I imagine a necklace, the dress straps and the looser hair may be too much. Any thoughts?

Re: What type of jewelry with neckline?

• I would go with something more delicate. Maybe a simple chain with a tiny jewel pendant that accentuates the v-neck, and drop earrings that are similar, no more than a 2-inch drop. If your hair is half-back you should still be able to see your ears. This depends on what you want to do in terms of veil/hairpiece also. Just make sure there's not too much going on.
  • Thanks Sing! Should have mentioned that there will be no veil or head pieces or hair accessories.
  • Do you have a picture of the dress?  Or a model number and designer?
  • Simple pearls are the traditional bridal jewelry, and are always appropriate.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Attached! The model's dress does not show straps, which I am going to add.
  • I like "Y" shaped necklaces with a vneckline. I'm on my iPad or I'd post some pics, but just google y shaped necklaces and you'll see what I mean.
  • What about a single pearl, if you feel a strand is too much? I love the Dogeared line (Nordstrom). Very simple.

• Simple and delicate sounds like a good idea. Thank you ladies!
  • I vote no necklace.  I am not a fan of necklaces with wedding dresses and since you will be wearing your hair down then I think it would just be too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards