Attire & Accessories Forum

Champagne Wedding Dress

My wedding dress is going to be a champagne color with a slightly blush tent to it.  While i didn't think about it while shopping; i'm now finding it incredibly hard to match bridesmaids dresses & tux's too.  I'm terrified that i should have went with a more "traditional white" dress and that the wedding party will look odd because of that decision.  Has anyone else had success with a champagne colored dress?

Re: Champagne Wedding Dress

• Champagne is a neutral color so it can go with pretty much anything.  I am not sure how you are having a hard matching tuxes since tuxes should really only be black.  Even if you went with suits a black, grey or even navy suit would go well.

What are your colors for your wedding?

• Unless you're looking at bright yellow bridesmaid dresses and white tuxes, I don't see a problem. 

• Tuxedos are black.  That is not a problem.
    Just take a sample of the color with you to look at bridesmaid dresses.  Most colors will look fine with champagne.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Champagne is fine with black tux and light-colored bridesmaid dress.Champagne is cool and you don't have to change the color.
  • My dress is champagne, as well. I LOVE IT!  The color looks so nice on blondes. My bridesmaids colors are navy while the groomsmen wear gray tuxes with periwinkle bow ties. Another color that looks amazing with champagne or ivories are a heather purple (purple with gray tones in it) and peach,blush, or nude. I would advise against the groomsmen wearing ivory shirts. Unless they are wearing ivory bow ties, that color shirt at tux rental shops always appears dirty, to me.
  • My dress is cream with champagne sash. It was more flattering on my skin tone going with something ther than white-white which washed me out a bit so very pleased with my decision. Bridesmaid is wearing navy, but we're adding a champagne sash to hers as well. I like darker colors with the champagne because it stands out so nicely. We even found a couple ties that matched my sash for the groom (though he wound up liking one that was slightly off of the color better). Champagne is a neutral so there is really a lot you can do with it. Silver toned jewelry looks lovely with champagne even though it contrasts a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards