South Carolina-Charleston

Tented wedding venues for a $10k budget wedding?

RafisschRafissch member
First Anniversary
edited April 2014 in South Carolina-Charleston
Hello lovely Chas. brides! I'm just beginning my venue search for spring of 2015 and I have a tentative target budget of $10k for the ceremony, reception, florist and photographer and I'm beginning to wonder if this is even possible anywhere near Charleston. As a result, we are seriously considering a Sunday wedding to cut costs but I'm still finding most venues to be exorbitantly priced. FI and I are looking to have an outdoor ceremony and reception in the same location with a tent structure on a grassy lawn. We have fallen in love with the Pavilion at Patriot's Point and are impressed with how much is included in the rental fee but were completely taken aback by the $5k food and bev. min listed on their catering website. I'm still keeping it as an option on our list of places to visit next month when we take a trip down (we're currently living out of state but will be moving to the area in about 6 months) but I'm currently looking for any other venue ideas for places with a similar set up and feel but at a lower price point. So, do you ladies have any suggestions of hidden gems in the area or advice for our situation? I truly appreciate your thoughts!

Re: Tented wedding venues for a $10k budget wedding?

• How large is your wedding going to be?

• I have the same question as above, but you may want to look into Runnymede Plantation. There's no real infrastructure, but since you want a tent, it might be a great option for you. You may also want to look at Magnolia and Old Wide Awake Plantations. Other than that...I'm not sure you'll have much luck, but that does of course depend on your headcount.
  • Hey there! We are a local wedding planning company and the two places we have been able to pull off $10K weddings in Charleston is Pepper Plantation and the Lake House at Bulow. Please let me know if you need any help or have any questions about these venues.

Our company brings tons of things in-house to save money such as floral design, linen rentals, graphic design and web design as well as bar tending services and decor. I'd love to chat if you have any questions!

Courtney@overflowevents.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards