September 2014 Weddings

New here-- just got engaged!!

Hi Ladies!
We just got engaged a week ago, and are getting married Sept 6th on a beach. 
We met on MyFitnessPal (a site dedicated to watching your calories and discussing fitness). He friended me one day to talk about weight lifting (we are both lifters) and a year and a half later, we are engaged!
He proposed to me by taking me to a park called the Topiary. There are trees sculpted into shapes of people. Well-- one tree is a 'couple tree' of a husband and wife embracing. I was busy taking photos of the ducks when he motioned for me to come over to that tree saying there was a flower on it. Puzzled (since it was April and nothing has bloomed much), I see he created a handmade origami rose and the ring was inside of it. He then got on one knee and proposed. I was super excited and am so happy!

About us: We are also both in the art industry: He is an Illustrator and I am an Art Director for my own design firm. I have two young children from a previous marriage (a 2 yr old daughter and a 6 yr old son), and he doesn't have any children from his previous marriage, but we plan to make another baby after marriage. :)

Here are a few pics. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Lawreen & Michael

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New here-- just got engaged!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards