Wedding Party

Re: ...

• You do nothing.  This is not your hair so you have no say over the length or style.  Period.  His "messy" hair will have zero effect on your wedding day.  You will still be married and you will still have a great time.  You need to let this go.

• wow, you're rude jneen101

• Oh my god...like NONE of you dont want your wedding to be perfect. I asked for my advice and I got it. Thank you.  I will ask people that really know me as a person, not strangers who think Im this crazy, bridezilla bitch.  Clearly you all spend WAYYYY too much time judging and messaging people you dont know. Peace.
  • Isnt this message board about being supportive of other brides?  What's with the jabs about being 5 years old or throwing a tantrum?  To me, that's being immature. I asked for advice and support from my fellow brides...nothing else otherwise.
  • But on that note, I have more important things to do than have my post be criticized, like WORK.

• Isnt this message board about being supportive of other brides?  What's with the jabs about being 5 years old or throwing a tantrum?  To me, that's being immature. I asked for advice and support from my fellow brides...nothing else otherwise.

You act like a child, you're going to be treated like one. You asked for advice; you received advice. You then threw a hissy fit, which is a childlike move.

• I feel like she is a troll.

One can only hope.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH's grandmother spent WEEKS obsessing over DH's BM's long (shoulder-length-ish) hair. WEEKS. Just obsessing. 'Are you going to make BM cut it?' 'Is it going to be long for your wedding?' 'Are you going to make him wear it pulled back?'

I bean-dipped her and made DH deal with her until she cornered me and said, 'DH says he's not going to ask BM to cut his hair. What do you think about that?'

I said, 'I think that the relative length of BM's hair has exactly nothing to do with our wedding and its validity, so I have exactly zero fucks to give about this issue, and since neither DH nor I cares about this issue, certainly you should not. You need to let it go.'

She continued to obsess, but not to me, just to other people, so I called it a win.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Please help! I need some advice. My fiance's best man has decided to grow his hair out AFTER he was asked to be in our wedding party.  All the other men in the group have short, clean, well-groomed haircuts.  He basically told my bridesmaid behind my back, that he will refuse to wear it in a ponytail or cut it.  Im not even asking him to cut it, I just want him to wear it in a ponytail because it really, like really, does not look good long and down. What should I do?  I dont want the pictures to look bad or for him to stick out like a sore thumb amongst the other men. PLEASE HELP!
    The bolded is your issue. People don't just randomly tell other people that they aren't going to change shit about their appearance, unless someone has been bugging them about their appearance. The only time it is appropriate to dictate appearance is if your ceremony takes place in a house of worship and it is against that religion to look a certain way. (I.E. no tattoo's visible in a Jewish ceremony, no shoulders showing at a Catholic ceremony) and even then, there are many followers of that religion who still wouldn't give a fuck about it. 

So, from the get go, you come across as caring way too much about something that doesn't affect you (his body, his choice) and that you've already been talking to him about it. 

Breath. Let it go. It is not the issue you think it is. 

Anniversary
  • The best man in our wedding shaved his head into a mohawk yesterday. Our wedding is in less than 4 weeks. It looks hideous, and no, I'm not happy. But, he's an adult, and it in no way affects my marriage. So, I'm already over it. 

Just let it go and remember that pictures are not the most important part of the day. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Two of our GMs had huge bushy beards leading up to the wedding.  I did not like them, but I held my tongue because their facial hair did not have any affect on our wedding.  The day of the wedding as I was walking down the aisle, noticed that both of them were clean shaven.

So when you don't say anything about someone's appearance they tend to take matters into their own hands.  While when you do complain they tend to want to keep the unsightly mange just to irritate you.

• My dad has long unkempt hair. He looks like an old hippie (because he is!). He's my dad and I could care less. I want my wedding pictures to capture who he is at the time of my wedding. Your fiance's BMs hair length will have no bearing on your marriage. 
  • It is his hair so you have zero right to say anything to him about it.  It doesn't matter how he chooses to style it on your wedding day.  It is still his hair.  
    Some pictures of groomsmen with different hair:
    The far right has dreadlocks; looks hot to me.

wedding party jumping

Anyhow, the above pictures were not ruined whatsoever by groomsmen with longer hair.
  • Seriously - leave this man's hair alone. You have no right to say a word to him. His hair = his choice.
  • It's your special day! How dare he try to ruin pictures you have to look at for the rest of your life! I'd sit him right down and tell him, point blank, how his hair will be for your wedding day. If he doesn't like it tough titties. This is about your special day and your special pictures!! And this asshat is trying to ruin your day and make it about him. Just bring an extra pony tail holder day of and march right up to him and pull it back if he won't do it himself!! Asshat.

Is that better? Was that more in line with what you were looking for? 

Look one of FI's female bridal peeps has a buzz cut. Yep, she keep a shaved head. Not for any medical or religious reason. She just did it once for a fundraiser and liked it so kept that way. Neither of us give a shit. Yep, she'll be in our wedding pictures with a buzzed head. And it won't ruin them.
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Oh my god...like NONE of you dont want your wedding to be perfect. I asked for my advice and I got it. Thank you.  I will ask people that really know me as a person, not strangers who think Im this crazy, bridezilla bitch.  Clearly you all spend WAYYYY too much time judging and messaging people you dont know. Peace.
    Newsflash!!  They will think you are a crazy bridezilla, but they won't say it to your face.  Just behind your back.  We are doing you a favor by telling you like it is.  Doesn't matter what kind of person you are--you don't get to dictate what people look like for your wedding.  If you want that power, you hire models and pay them for the day.

On a personal note, you spend a lot of time judging your friends on how they look. Let it go.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • wow, you're rude jneen101

Slow your roll girlfriend.  You are fucking rude.
  • I promise you that you have had a hairstyle that was not to the taste of a friend, but they would never mention it because they care about you.

Be a friend, his hair has ZERO influence in your life. If long hair on a dear friend is enough to ruin your "perfect wedding" there are much bigger issues.

My friend was diagnosed with aggressive cancer a few months before her wedding, and had to have chemotherapy. She lost all of her hair, but wanted to continue with her wedding. She wore a wig during the ceremony but it was uncomfortable so she was bald during the reception. She was out there laughing and dancing, getting people to rub her bald head. It was the most love-filled, happy, and absolutely PERFECT wedding I have ever been to. Her (lack of) hair didn't ruin it at all.

It is time to recheck your priorities. 

Yessss this is my favorite line. I feel like I win bingo when I see it

• AddieCake said:
    I'm just commenting to pile on.
    @addiecake Hahahahah nice! See my point though? I'm sure she got the hint after the first 5, so the subsequent posts saying the same thing are not really needed to hammer home the answer. If they haven't lurked yet, they will just do a DD then jump to WW and then host a shitshow. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards