Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

crazy to go with first photographer??

would it be crazy to hire the first photographer I met? Should I at least meet with a few others to compare work or should I hire the photographer since he has good work? Also does anyone think that it's really important to have the second photographer or is having one just as good?

Re: crazy to go with first photographer??

• If you really connect with that photographer, but have looked at a lot of others' portfolios and seen an entire wedding of his - then more power to you! As far as a second shooter, do it. It probably isn't too much more and will give you MANY more angles than you ever thought about. Plus, if anything happens spontaneously, you'll have an extra set of eyes. We had our primary photographer at the front of the ceremony and second at the back half. As the flower girl walked down, she high fived a guest and our second captured that moment. It's my favorite shot of her!
  • Not crazy at all if you've done your research and like him and his style. We only looked at one photographer and booked her right away.

If you have the budget for it, a second shooter is worth it. Two photographers can capture a lot more perspectives on your wedding.
  • I only met with one photog and booked him. I did my research before (very thorough) and then booked him after the meeting. I looked online at a loo of others work before deciding who I wanted to meet with first.

I think a second shooter is very important IMHO.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Ask your photographer about second shooters too.  They can usually hire someone they know, that does similar styles or works with a second shooter regularly. I worked a second shooter a few times and it was great because we shoot similar styles, and one person was in charge of editing.  It was cheaper than paying for two photographers outright.
    August 9, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards