Wisconsin

Racine Ceremony sites

Hi all,

My fiance and I have already decided on our reception site which is in Racine, but I cannot find the perfect ceremony site. I don't think we're doing a church wedding, so I'm just trying to find venues anywhere between milwaukee and racine which would work. I decided it's just too long of a trek to have the ceremnoy in Milwaukee and the reception in Racine...problem is - there isn't much between the two...

I also need ideas for photos since I am not actually from the Racine area so I don't know the area too well.

Please help!!  (the wedding is May 2011 so I've got plenty of time to take poeple's ideas into consideration!).

Re: Racine Ceremony sites

• edited December 2011
    Having been to many, many weddings in Racine over the years (most of my family lives there) so I can offer you a few suggestions.
    The DeKoven Center (they have a same chapel and an outdoor garden area). I've been to a wedding at the gardens at the Wustum (sp?) Museum. Just recently I was at a wedding at the River Bend Nature Center which was in a nice indoor area they have there.

As far as picture ideas, the most popular places I have seen people go are the Wind Point Lighthouse and the lakefront down by the festival hall area.

Another place that I might recommend looking into for pictures is Petrifying Springs Park. It is right on the border between Racine and Kenosha and would be a great place to take pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shaki - I live in Racine and know the area really well.  Email me at msteph82 at gmail dot com and I'll send you the list I have of sites! 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards