May 2014 Weddings

The wedding is in 11 days and I'm.....

SICK!

ugghhhh could this get any worse?!? :(

Re: The wedding is in 11 days and I'm.....

• Oh no!! What kind of sick? Like an annoying head cold or an all-out flu?
  • not sure yet :( fever, massive sore throat chills. Going to the doc later today. whhyyyyyyyy :(

time to pass out
  • Doterra essential oils do wonders! I swear by them... my FI and his kids all got the stomach bug that's been going around last week, and i made sure i took my oils (on guard & digestzen) and then defused purify & on guard at the office... i never got it! :) Hope you feel better soon!
  • Everyone around here has some kind of spring stomach bug going around. I know it has only lasted for a couple of days so hopefully you will feel better soon. 

I've been telling everyone to stay away from me and my nail girl told me I should start taking vitamin C until the wedding to try to help fight off anything. 

I hope you feel better soon! Let us know what the doctor says.
  • Aww poor thing! The good news is you probably will be better by the time your wedding comes around. I am terrified of being sick on the wedding day too!
  • It's a sinus infection :( She gave me a prescription to try, but was too afraid to give me any antibiotics this close to the wedding. Apparently antibiotics can make you pretty susceptible to other illnesses. Soooo that could spell me getting crazy sick at the wedding :/

awesome! :(
  • newyork86newyork86 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2014
    A cold isn't the worst thing that can happen. I have an autoimmune disorder that has debilitated my every move for the last 10 months. I couldn't even go to our cake tasting, which was to be my favorite part of planning. Everything my doctors have tried is not working. With the wedding one week away, I'm still not fully healed and can't attend to the simplest planning details. My fiancé and in-laws have helped a lot, which I am completely grateful. It is disappointing to be unable to participate in one's own wedding planning. I'm not even sure that I'll be physically capable for the ceremony and reception.
  • @newyork86 - oh no! i'm so sorry to hear you haven't been doing well lately! i wish you the best for your big day and hope that you are able to enjoy it.
  • magee2011 said:
    It's a sinus infection :( She gave me a prescription to try, but was too afraid to give me any antibiotics this close to the wedding. Apparently antibiotics can make you pretty susceptible to other illnesses. Soooo that could spell me getting crazy sick at the wedding :/

awesome! :(

I had a sinus infection in March (I actually had to call out sick since I work with kids) and I wasn't given antibiotics. I did get a prescription for an allergy spray and a decongestant-the good stuff you have to hand over your ID to get. I felt better within the week.

My other recommendations are:

gargle with warm salt water; take a hot shower (as warm as your skin can handle) with the bathroom fan OFF and a washcloth over your nose/mouth to inhale the steam; hot water with honey melted in it instead of tea (which I feel strips the throat sometimes). Also, when you feel like you can blow your nose, do it one nostril at a time.

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards