Registry and Gift Forum

Should I have a registry if it's my second marriage?

bethrose84bethrose84 member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2014 in Registry and Gift Forum
I need some advice. This is my second marriage, however my fiance's first. I don't know what the standard is in terms of a registry. Should I be creating a registry again? I would imagine his family would all appreciate one to shop from, but idk if my family would feel obligated to buy something for me again. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Re: Should I have a registry if it's my second marriage?

• I think it is perfectly fine to create a registry regardless if it is your second wedding or not.  People will still want to purchase you gifts and having a registry helps them find something that they know you will like and need.

Also gifts are completely voluntary so your family shouldn't feel pressured.

• Creating a registry that you don't advertise is perfectly fine! 
  • bethrose84bethrose84 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
  • The only time I *wouldn't* register is if you are getting remarried with 1-2 years of your first wedding, then it gets a little iffy.  However, this is your FI's first marriage and a registry will be helpful for his side of the guest list.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I would decline a shower if I were to get married a second time, but a registry is fine.

• Just because it is your second marriage doesn't mean people won't still want to give you a gift.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It's my first marriage but my fiance's second. We registered for stuff that either neither of us had, or stuff that we really wanted to replace.

For example:
    We didn't have a) non-souvenir wine glasses, b) a storage ottoman that matched our furniture or c) a four-slice toaster (critical for brunch!).
    We wanted to upgrade a) our baked-on-grease-covered baking sheets c) measuring cups d) serve-wear for parties.

We didn't register for much compared to less-established couples, but if we receive the things we registered for it'll be nice.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards