Second Weddings
Options

Vow Renewal- Thoughts?

My husband and I eloped three years ago and we are planning a vow renewal ceremony in May so we can include family, friends and our children. It is going to be small event- 27 people total. Here's my question- We are doing it at a pretty little venue in the mountains (we live in CO) We are on somewhat of a budget and we are paying for the event, so to keep it affordable, we are doing it like an afternoon cocktail party. We are providing all of the food and champagne for our guests. If guests want drinks outside of champagne, there will be a cash bar available. Does anyone think this is tacky? I have purchased enough bottles of champagne for all guests to have about 4 glasses, so there will be plenty. And this is going to be in the afternoon from 2-4 rather than an all night reception- Just wanted to get some feedback on this. TIA!

Re: Vow Renewal- Thoughts?

• Options
    Sounds lovely! I am also doing a vow renewal :) from lurking for months there will be a lot of members tell you not to do the cash bar that it's rude and also not to have a big wedding dress or reception traditions or parties. Lol I am technically wearing a wedding dress and we're doing a full Saturday evening party after our ceremony. Honestly to each their own in my opinion :) congrats on your 3 years and I hope it turns out beautifully
  • Options
    My husband and I eloped three years ago and we are planning a vow renewal ceremony in May so we can include family, friends and our children. It is going to be small event- 27 people total. Here's my question- We are doing it at a pretty little venue in the mountains (we live in CO) We are on somewhat of a budget and we are paying for the event, so to keep it affordable, we are doing it like an afternoon cocktail party. We are providing all of the food and champagne for our guests. If guests want drinks outside of champagne, there will be a cash bar available. Does anyone think this is tacky? I have purchased enough bottles of champagne for all guests to have about 4 glasses, so there will be plenty. And this is going to be in the afternoon from 2-4 rather than an all night reception- Just wanted to get some feedback on this. TIA!

Sounds like fun! I recommend you lose the cash bar entirely and stick with champagne as your only alcohol choice. Then add sparkling cider (non-alcoholic) and water and you're done.
  • Options
    Vow renewal sound lovely. I agree with Mercedes, just host what you can afford and skip the cash bar. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards