Honeymoon Discussions

Turks&Caicos, Costa Rica, or Aruba??

Ok need some serious help and advice!! We can’t decide between Turks & Caicos, Costa Rica or Aruba for our honeymoon in August! We have not been to any of them before so they would all be new experiences. We live in Long Beach, Ca and would be going for about a week and a half. We want to relax and unwind but also enjoy and explore where we are. Which has the best weather in August? Is one more expensive once there? Any and all advice and tips would be great! Thanks!!

Best Answer

Re: Turks&Caicos, Costa Rica, or Aruba??

• I have been to all three of these and enjoyed them all. It depends on what type of honeymoon you want as to which would best suit you. Aruba is located outside of the hurricane belt so that's something to consider for August. For us, Turks and Caicos was by far the most expensive once you were there. Costa Rica is great if you want lots of adventure, but the rainy season there runs May-Nov. so if you are trying to avoid rain, that may not be the best choice. Having said that, if you are going for a week and a half Costa Rica is not a bad option as you could stay at a couple or more places. 

My opinion on the 3 is that Turks and Caicos has the most amazing beaches, but is quite expensive and I'm not sure if you might get bored if you are the adventurous type with a week and half. Aruba also has great beaches, is easy to navigate and is the safest weather choice for August. Costa Rica is very lush and beautiful, lots of wildlife and lots of adventure, and is less expensive than the others for eating out once there. 
  • I am not an Aruba fan. We went in August to avoid hurricane season and were so bored. The island has absolutely no culture and not good restaurants. It was so hot that being in the pool wasnt even refreshing.

I LOVE Costa Rica. And I could not recommend it highly enough. I did my study abroad there and have been all over the country. There is so much to do and explore. Guanacaste and Monteverde are my two favorite spots. If you are looking for some place similar to CR but more budget firendly, try Honduras or Panama.

I havent been to T&C but woudl love to go.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • As pps alluded to, these destinations are all completely different. Aruba is arrid and desert-like, but just happens to have a beach. T&C is what you'd typically think of a Caribbean island- flat, long stretches of white sand. Costa Rica is diverse, but for the most part, green and lush with a few mountainous areas (Arenal is the active volcano area). The beaches are not the highlight of the country. T&C is pretty laid back and quite. Aruba is a little more active. Costa Rica has a ton of things/areas to explore.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards