Wedding Reception Forum

Slideshow help??

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I looked around and didnt seem to find any other posts on slideshows. So if this needs to be moved I will move it...

All that being said, is there anyone out here that knows about Powerpoint? I am creating a slideshow to be shown during dinner or cocktail hour (I havent decided yet) and I have figured most of it out except I'm having an issue using different songs. I know how to insert the files and have them play across the correct amount of slides for that section, but the songs stop abruptly. I have tried trimming the songs and fading them out and it doesnt work. Anyone know how to transition?? Thanks!! Oh and I have PP 2010.

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Slideshow help??

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    PowerPoint is ok for this, but I personally like Windows Movie Maker, if you have a PC. It's easier to create a video and mix in music and fade in or out. You can also clip songs to the place you want. I've done it many times for just my own personal benefit.
  • Don't show any slideshows during dinner.  That would be treating your guests as a captive audience.  During dinner, they want to concentrate on eating and socializing with each other-not a slideshow with music running.

If you really want to do a slideshow, put it on a loop and run it during your cocktail hour.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Don't show any slideshows during dinner.  That would be treating your guests as a captive audience.  During dinner, they want to concentrate on eating and socializing with each other-not a slideshow with music running.

If you really want to do a slideshow, put it on a loop and run it during your cocktail hour.

I'm actually not having a cocktail hour. My reception site is the same as the ceremony site, and guests will just go right into having dinner after the ceremony. I plan to show a slideshow during dinner, but it will be set up sort of off to the side. People can look up now and then, but the slide show will be with background music and no one will be asked to shut up and look at it. I'm also thinking of showing videos with music that I put together. They wouldn't be pictures of me or my fiancé. They would be parts of romantic movie scenes set to music.
  • PowerPoint is ok for this, but I personally like Windows Movie Maker, if you have a PC. It's easier to create a video and mix in music and fade in or out. You can also clip songs to the place you want. I've done it many times for just my own personal benefit.
    Thank you! I will check it out and see how that works. Is it as user friendly as PP seems to be?

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It takes a little getting used to, but is much easier once you figure it out for doing what you are wanting. Maybe find some YouTube tutorial videos for help.
  • Also, new movie maker sucks. If you have a newer PC, I recommend downloading the older version. It's Windows Movie Maker 2.6 that I love to work with when I make videos.
  • Thank you!! I did find that the new version is not very user friendly :(

• You can still get the old version. Just search for a version 2.6 download.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards