Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Virgin Islands Honeymoon?

Hi Everyone! I'm thinking of booking my honeymoon in St. John, and doing some various day trips to other islands- St. Thomas, Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, and Virgin Gorda. We are looking to rent a private villa for about 10 days. Has anyone done a trip like this before? Anything I should know or what we should do/see?! Thanks!

Re: Virgin Islands Honeymoon?

• Options
    Well I did a 15 year long trip to the VI and loved it.

Definitely go to the BVI's.   LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Although I'm kind-of meh when it comes to Tortola for day trips.  I think VG, JVD, Norman, Sand Spit are better day trip options.

Villas are great.  Personally, I would find something a little closer to town than out in Coral Bay. Say Peter Bay, Fish Bay, Chocolate Hole among others.    I like Coral Bay, but it's pretty far out there to stay.  Definitely go to Skinny Legs in Coral Bay though.  Great burgers.

My favorite St John restaurant is ZoZo's (at Sugar Mill).   They are not at Caneel Bay. Amazing food and sunset views. Also like Waterfront bistro and Lime Inn.

Bars - Woody's (although they have new owners, not sure if it's changed), Quiet Mon, Cruz Bay Landing and The Beach Bar.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I stopped at St. Thomas and Tortola on a cruise H and I took a few years ago. We did a snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas so I don't have much input there but Tortola was insanely gorgeous. Go to the Soggy Dollar Bar (CLICK) while you're there. 

• Options
    St. John is a great stay. You might consider doing an overnight or two on St. Thomas on your way to St. John, since you're flying into the airport on St. Thomas (most likely). From St. John you can easily reach the BVI. Definitely visit The Baths while you're on Virgin Gorda. Jost Van Dyke is also worthwhile! Do you like sailing? A sailing daytrip would be amazing to any of the islands, and the sailing in the BVI is some of the best I've done (mild winds, easy waters). Snorkeling and diving are good as well (not like the Caymans, say, but still, the reef trail around Trunk Bay is pretty great, and we saw a surprising amount of turtles.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards