Connecticut
Options

Receptions at Aria Prospect, CT?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been to/ have had their reception at the Aria in Prospect, CT? The facility looks gorgeous from the website and all the reviews are wonderful but it is a new facility and there are not tons and tons of reviews. My fiancé and I are going to see the venue in the few weeks but I was curious if anyone had any insight on this venue ( the look, the feel, the food, experience, staff, etc.) thank you!!

Re: Receptions at Aria Prospect, CT?

• Options
    My only experience with this venue was when my fiancé and I toured it a couple weeks ago. We had heard the prices were good and the location was good for us so we decided to look. It is beautiful but we personally had a really unpleasant experience with the woman who showed us around. I believe her name was Lina.

She said something very insulting to us towards the end of the appointment when we were talking about prices/packages and that is why we decided not to go with this venue. You're right though, there are some really good reviews of this place online and it certainly is pretty.

One thing about it being new is the grounds aren't very grown in yet in terms of landscaping, but I'm sure they will start to look nicer soon.

Definitely worth a look, I hope you don't have the same experience I had.
  • Options
    We went and checked it out last summer, only half of it was open for business yet! The prices we're good, and it was a beautiful building, but it just felt very formal and cold to us. Even the "small" ballroom felt giant. We ultimately went with a place that we could personalize to our tastes more.
  • Options
    We are having our wedding in the smaller ballroom in October. Hope, I'm sorry to hear you had that experience, ours has been nothing but wonderful from day one.
    We looked at it before either room was finished and nothing was paved! We've been working with Lory and she has been wonderful each and every time I've emailed her about the silliest of things, and often times the same thing twice!
    While the venue might be new, the owners are certainly not newcomers to the wedding/service industry. They used to work out of an other venue, but had this land they wanted to build on, so they did. I forget the name of the old venue, but it was in Waterbury.
    There's an other bride on the board who got married there last spring, she was one of the first to in the larger ballroom, her name is Deanna, but I'm not sure if she still checks this out though.
    My advice is to check it out there's no harm in that! If it's not your style you'll know, but my hope is you fall in love with it like we did! Good luck.
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards