Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Cake Smash: Yes this needs a new thread

1235»

Re: Cake Smash: Yes this needs a new thread

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    After reading this I'm getting the feeling I'm the only one who is doing my own makeup and hair.
    You might be, but I'm a little jealous- I would never be able to do my own hair!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I never have the opportunity to have someone else do my hair and makeup - so for sure I'm going to spend the money to not have to worry about it on my wedding day!  And I would be totally upset if it were ruined with food mashed into my face. 

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    After reading this I'm getting the feeling I'm the only one who is doing my own makeup and hair.
    You might be, but I'm a little jealous- I would never be able to do my own hair!
    Me neither.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    Me neither.
    I recently cut my hair in a Bob and I really like so I'm keeping the hair cut so I wouldn't be able to do my hair myself if I had long hair.
  • Options
    I'm doing my own hair. MOH is helping with my makeup.

I still don't want cake smashed in my face.
  • Options
    I'm going to be doing my own hair and makeup, but like @jdluvr06 I have short hair (mine's actually in a pixie cut).
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

I did my own make-up. The salon trip for my hair and my BMs' hair was my treat to them.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I'm doing my own hair, nothing to fancy. It's way long so I will curl it and put it half up with a little but of a poof ( not like a snooki poof or anything, just a little volume. I don't like when other people do my make up, especially my eyes so I'll be doing my own make up also
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    Totally doing my own hair and makeup (might as well use my certification for something!), but I still wouldn't want to ruin it by having cake smeared on my face.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    This was on Pinterest. No, this is NOT cute. My FH would be furious!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    ^ it is cute if the groom was okay with it.
  • Options
    Yay! I'm not the only one. I was starting to feel left out, lol. I don't think whether you have makeup done professionally or not that it will change your mind about the cake smash. I just noticed a lot of posters saying they be irritated to have spent the money to have their makeup done and have it messed up.
  • Options
    Whew!  Showed FI these videos, and he was horrified.  And also he likes the idea of taking some cake back to the hotel AFTER the wedding for some play time.  ;)

• Options
    Just sent FI the link will hear back soon what he thinks of the videos. He did just ask if he can put some icing on my lips and kiss it off I told him i was fine with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards