Wisconsin

Flowers, dresses and photography

I live in Florida and am thinking about flying home July to meet with a few vendors and possibly pick out a dress....I heard Davis bridal is not so good?

Re: Flowers, dresses and photography

• I think the David's Bridal in Madison is okay I just did not like any of their dresses. Where is WI are you planning on going?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where in WI are you planning?
  • We're using Dean's Photography (deansphoto.biz) and are superhappy with him so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The one I went to I want to say in Greenfield wasn't too bad. I did feel alittle pressure to order a dress, but I stuck to my guns and didn't order it from them. They are nice there.

For flowers - we are using Sunnyside Florist in Kenosha so they may too far away from you.

Photography same situation except out of Whitewater - Amying Focus Photography.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dress: I got my dress at Beratti Bridal... which is great. Besides there, I looked at Stone Manor Bridal and Amelishan all in suburbs of Milwaukee.
    Photographer: We're using Emily Johnson who is AMAZING!!
  • Our photographers, Gilbert and Nessli Reyes, are from Chicago but also do shoots in the Milkwaukee area. They are a husband and wife team who just recently started out on their own. It's $900 for all-day wedding coverage with high-resolution on CD and $250 for an engagement session.

http://www.greyesphotography.com/
  • I have been to the David's Bridal in Greenfield multiple times, for my dress and for bridesmaids, and have only had good experiences. I would recommend that location.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I went to David's and had a good experience, but I didn't work much with the salespeople at my personal request; and DO NOT go through them to do alterations, find someone else!! 

I also used Dean from http://www.deansphoto.biz and HIGHLY recommend him and his team!  Everyone involved in my wedding loved the pictures and their personalities!

My flowers were done by a friend of mine, so I can't be too much help there!
  • David's Bridal is fine...just find a alterations place you trust.  They are the McDonald's of alterations and don't really know or care what they are doing.

KK Photography is amazing!  You will not regret the investment.

The Flower After is also amazing and they work really well with KK Photography.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Savvi Bridal, I think it's called, in Brookfield is amazing!
  • I have seen David's Bridal dresses fall apart before the night was over.
  • lilhayek18lilhayek18 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Eva's Bridal in Oak Creek has a goof selection, but I would contact Images of Racine before ordering from Eva's. They sell the same designers, but Images had a much lower price for my dress.
  • chloeredheadchloeredhead member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Aesthetic Photography out of Appleton did my sisters wedding in Mke last year. She was awesome and the photos were GORGEOUS! I know she was a really great bargain with prices and traveled free I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards