Not Engaged Yet

Confessions and Judgments

Re: Confessions and Judgments

• Confession: I am one of those posters that hasn't been around consistently. This week I got back in the groove because of vacation, but working weeks I seem to detach from the internet at home. I love this board, and I want to post more!!

Confession: I am cat crazy, and probably guilty of using cat emojis regularly. I haven't said right "meow" though. 

I judge: the cashier at the gas station. I was wearing an autism walk t-shirt and she apparently noticed. She says "Are you autistic? My cousin is too." I say "No, just a supporter for the walk today." She says "Oh." 

The last one may be irrational, but I thought about it for a long time.
  • @IrishDreamer - Next time you're able to Knot from a computer, go into the signature settings and on the right-hand side, click on the red/white button with the: < > on it. Then delete what you want deleted, click the the red/white < > button again, and save. 

It's a pain in the ass, but it should work!

• Swazzle said:

@IrishDreamer - Next time you're able to Knot from a computer, go into the signature settings and on the right-hand side, click on the red/white button with the: < > on it. Then delete what you want deleted, click the the red/white < > button again, and save. 

I will try again when I have a chance. I am pretty sure that's what I tried... But I'll do it again. Trust me, I want that shit gone too!!!
  • I confess: Our dog didn't eat yesterday. I didn't have time to go to the store and just gave him a cheese stick and a hot dog today.  Poor guy. 

I judge: Lawyers at law conferences who have questions at the end of a lecture topic.  Seriously? We've been in this seminar for hours and it is running over..shut up already and just email your (usually) stupid question you are just asking to sound smart to whoever is lecturing.  

II: The people coming to a second showing of our home at 6pm on a Friday.  I want to sell, sort of, but I was up late last night at a work dinner and I want a nap. 

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I have no idea what is up with the formatting.......

@IrishDreamer
    On any TK page, towards the top right, you'll see the world, envelope, star and person. 

Click on the person -> preferences
    On the left, click on signature settings
    Once you're there, you'll see the red/white < > (it's the 2nd to last icon from the right)
    Click < > 
    Edit siggy 
    Click < >
    Click save

• Swazzle said:

Swazzle said:

@IrishDreamer - Next time you're able to Knot from a computer, go into the signature settings and on the right-hand side, click on the red/white button with the: < > on it. Then delete what you want deleted, click the the red/white < > button again, and save. 

I will try again when I have a chance. I am pretty sure that's what I tried... But I'll do it again. Trust me, I want that shit gone too!!!

And, make sure you're in the right place.  I just had to walk @audrewuh through this as well. 

On any TK page, towards the top right, you'll see the world, envelope, star and person. 

Click on the person -> preferences
    On the left, click on signature settings
    Once you're there, you'll see the red/white < > (it's the 2nd to last icon from the right)
    Click < > 
    Edit siggy 
    Click < >
    Click save

Thank you!!!
  • Here's some judgy-ness a la Mean Girls

Christopher Robin tries something new:

MEAN GIRLS AND WINNIE THE POOH OHMYFUCKINGGOD!!!!!!
  • minskat30 said:

I confess: Our dog didn't eat yesterday. I didn't have time to go to the store and just gave him a cheese stick and a hot dog today.  Poor guy

I judge: Lawyers at law conferences who have questions at the end of a lecture topic.  Seriously? We've been in this seminar for hours and it is running over..shut up already and just email your (usually) stupid question you are just asking to sound smart to whoever is lecturing.  

II: The people coming to a second showing of our home at 6pm on a Friday.  I want to sell, sort of, but I was up late last night at a work dinner and I want a nap. 

I am horrified by this. You wouldn't do that to a child, so why would you do that to your dog?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger - I know.  In all the years I've had a dog, it has never happened (a conference from 7 am until I got home from a work dinner at 11:30 pm didn't help) and I feel God awful about it.  Trust me, he is getting extra love and food tonight.
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

Confession: When FI or I eat a cheese stick with share it with the fur-babies. This is a really bad habit!

ETA: @csousa1: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/winnie-the-mean-girl

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Confession: When FI or I eat a cheese stick with share it with the fur-babies. This is a really bad habit!

I do this with Lucille. Is that bad? 

• Swazzle said:

Confession: When FI or I eat a cheese stick with share it with the fur-babies. This is a really bad habit!

Not if we're both doing it! Quigley has gained a few pounds in the last four months, but it has to do with his neutering NOT eating cheese sticks, right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Confession: When FI or I eat a cheese stick with share it with the fur-babies. This is a really bad habit!

I give Annie some ham sometimes.  Is this bad?
  • @Buddysmom80 - That isn't bad.  My dog comes running at the sound of two things related to food (a cheese stick opening up...those individual ones that rippppp) and the sound of Pam (I grill for him on the weekends)).  I also confess that I end up buying a rotisserie chicken for my salads and 9/10 our dog eats all of it.  That doesn't make up for my prior confession but it is true nonetheless in case anyone things I'm starving our 120lb dog. 

"Boo you whore" with Pooh running away, I CANNOT!
  • @minskat30 if a drawer is opened in our fridge, animals come RUNNING for snacks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Swazzle said:

Not if we're both doing it! Quigley has gained a few pounds in the last four months, but it has to do with his neutering NOT eating cheese sticks, right?
    Aww Quigs let loose when he got his balls off! Poor little guy hahahaa

• @swazzle Does it make you feel better if I tell you that I've never seen Supertroopers? But I do know the reference because my boyfriend has been trying to get me to see it since before he was my boyfriend. He says is "right MEOW"...he gets the look of death every time. I hate it...
  • Judge: I judge you to be an impolite d*bag if you don't stop to let me walk across the street when its raining out. Yes, I know, I'm not crossing at a crosswalk, but come on. You slowing down does not tell me I can cross. I can't tell what you are doing in your car. Are you going slow because you're texting and driving, or so I can cross? Just stop your freaking car. I don't trust you enough to walk in front of your moving car.

II: It irritates me when my XM radio doesn't show the correct artist on the display screen.

Judge: I think you are a lazy person if you cannot keep your car in your lane while driving. I understand the roads are winding, but come on, that doesn't mean you should cross the yellow line just because you are too lazy to drive properly.

• BreMR said:
    I confess I'm still a little scared/intimidated to post on some things because you guys have such a good vibe going... and I still slightly feel like an intruder :)

I concur with this one ^. I don't want to bring down the coolness of the group.
  • edited April 2014
    Confession - I am a little scared to post, mostly because I feel everyone already knows one another. The other part to that is that most of the time I don't feel like I have anything of importance to say so it's better for me to just lurk. I judge - people who act like their time is so much more important than yours. Example, people who call 5 minutes before close and want you to stay open for another half hour because they are running late. No lady your time is not more important than mine, would target stay open so you could then shop?? I think not. I judge - people who say library like like-berry.... It is not a fruit I don't get it! It just makes me think you have never stepped into a library. (maybe that's mean but it is my first thought when I hear it.) ***EDIT*** I am on an iPad and it looks like when I type my response I have paragraphs! but as soon as I post it just becomes a wall of text :/
  • Confession: I agree with @BreMR and @thetimewillcome. I am on here lurking a lot more than I post because I'm a little afraid to. That combined with the fact that I can usually only get on after 3 pm and on weekends (aka when everyone else is gone) means that I become that "all about me" poster because I can't really jump into conversations. But I'm trying to get better at it, so we'll see how it goes.

Judge: I judge the shit out of BF's mom. For everything. She partly deserves it as she's a crazy narcissistic bitch (seriously, she fits almost all criteria for being narcissistic) but at the same time I know I judge her for things she doesn't need to be judged for, like her limited dietary needs because of the stuff that happened when she had cancer. But seriously, all the crap she does gets on my last nerve and I will continue to judge the shit out of her for the rest of the time I have to deal with her and beyond.

Confession: Even though I judge the shit out of BF's mom, I'm afraid I'll turn into her. the thought scares the crap out of me.

Confession: I'm annoyed at BF right now. He had work every night this week, meaning we didn't really get to see each other except for maybe a couple of hours. He had this weekend off to go on a camping/fishing trip but was supposed to leave Saturday, meaning we would have all Friday afternoon/night to hang out and have a date and whatever. But no. He has to leave today for whatever reason and almost all of our time together before he left was spent with him packing up the trailer. I'm very annoyed, even though he did take out time to go shiny shopping with me, so I feel really bad about being so annoyed.

Confession: I wish I could tell my parents I'm in therapy. I just can't bring myself to do it.

@Swazzle is so going to hate my post because it's so long winded and all about me. I hope it was juicy enough to make up for it.

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I REALLY had to pee on my walk this morning but I was like 2 miles from home, so I stopped in a cafe and used the restroom without buying food. Judge me as you will.

ETA: @FoxandBunny I felt the same when I was in therapy. There's no shame in talking about it, but on the flip side, it's also really nice to have someone you can talk with and have it be completely confidential. Don't feel bad about posting about yourself - we're here for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• People, you don't need to apologize to @swazzle every time you have a long post. She made one comment, ONCE, about people who ALWAYS write fucking novels. Enough.

Confession: I'm still really sick and easily annoyed. 

*******************************************************************************************

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

I judge: all of the mistakes that were made in the production of my BFF's wedding. Four extremely long-winded toasts (during which the bridal party was made to STAND instead of sit), bridal party gifts that we had to wear for the ceremony and photos, the ridiculous transportation arrangements that left me begging for rides to the reception site and back to my car at her family's house. There were some major oops moments.

I confess: that none of those things put a damper on my evening at ALL because the food was delicious, there was an open bar, and there was so. much. dancing. I had a great time!

I confess: that C and I got along really well yesterday. It was only a little weird/awkward at first, but we caught up, talked a little bit about life, and had a great time eating and dancing with everyone. Not like everything is perfect and OMG we're best friends now, but I really enjoyed that we could be friendly and have a good time together after everything. It was so much better than I had thought possible for our first time seeing each other again.

I judge: my mom for being like, "Soooooo, you're not back together with him, are you?" (But just a little bit, since we did split up and get back together once before.) But she could have been like, "So how was seeing C again?"

I judge: myself for being all obsessed with this wedding.

I judge: people who are all awkward and whatnot about going to the bathroom at work and other places. We all pee, we all poop. It's just not worth getting all worked up about.

I confess: I'm probably that person who bugs the hell out of people by picking a stall next to one that someone happens to be occupying. I just have never seen the big deal in that. WHY is it awkward? (For the record, I've been more judicious about choosing my stall since reading that other people have a problem with this, but I admit I'm still very confused by it.)

I judge: people who say renting is throwing money away. It is NOT. You have a place to LIVE. I can absolutely understand the impulse to buy and own your own home, but for some people that is just NOT realistic right away and renting for some period of time makes sense.

• @CLoGreenEyes I'm one of those awkward people. I can't help it, I just have a REALLY shy bladder. I also require ample personal space, even if there's a pseudo-wall in between.

Also I totally agree with you about renting. I've had that debate a few times with FI, who impulsively bought a condo before we met. I love living in town and there's no way we could afford to buy here. I also like knowing that I'm only committed to my place for a year at a time and after that I could pack up and move to another part of the city if I wanted to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I judge: all of the mistakes that were made in the production of my BFF's wedding. Four extremely long-winded toasts (during which the bridal party was made to STAND instead of sit), bridal party gifts that we had to wear for the ceremony and photos, the ridiculous transportation arrangements that left me begging for rides to the reception site and back to my car at her family's house. There were some major oops moments.

I confess: that none of those things put a damper on my evening at ALL because the food was delicious, there was an open bar, and there was so. much. dancing. I had a great time!

I confess: that C and I got along really well yesterday. It was only a little weird/awkward at first, but we caught up, talked a little bit about life, and had a great time eating and dancing with everyone. Not like everything is perfect and OMG we're best friends now, but I really enjoyed that we could be friendly and have a good time together after everything. It was so much better than I had thought possible for our first time seeing each other again.

I judge: my mom for being like, "Soooooo, you're not back together with him, are you?" (But just a little bit, since we did split up and get back together once before.) But she could have been like, "So how was seeing C again?"

I judge: myself for being all obsessed with this wedding.

I judge: people who are all awkward and whatnot about going to the bathroom at work and other places. We all pee, we all poop. It's just not worth getting all worked up about.

I confess: I'm probably that person who bugs the hell out of people by picking a stall next to one that someone happens to be occupying. I just have never seen the big deal in that. WHY is it awkward? (For the record, I've been more judicious about choosing my stall since reading that other people have a problem with this, but I admit I'm still very confused by it.)

I judge: people who say renting is throwing money away. It is NOT. You have a place to LIVE. I can absolutely understand the impulse to buy and own your own home, but for some people that is just NOT realistic right away and renting for some period of time makes sense.

I share your last confession and judgement. I seem to always realize that I take the "wrong" stall after I'm already in there. In many cases there are usually only 3 stalls, one being for people with disabilities. I would never take the accessible stall, so deal with me peeing right next to you!

I rent right now, and of course I would love to own a home but we are not there yet. Baby steps. It will happen someday.

Right now I judge a relative for sending messages to me saying that I am rude for having my wedding 1 hour away. Apparently, I am selfish and inconsiderate. I went over to the etiquette board to search for a thread on the distance/travel topic, read some threads and I feel a bit better now.
  • I confess that I don't particularly enjoy all the dog gifs when there's a DD.  Sometimes I find them downright irritating.

• Kind of a mix of II/Confession/I Judge with a good dose of naproxen thrown in:

Thursday I asked my DB if he would be my ManOH for my wedding (next April! FI and I will book the venue soon - next 3-4 weeks? It's not a very popular one so we won't have trouble). He was uncomfortable with the idea even after I told him all I wanted was for him to stand up there with me - didn't have to hold flowers, didn't have to plan showers/bachelorette party (and I wouldn't want one anyway), didn't have to do anything except show up and not look pissed off in the pictures (he's not known for smiling). He turned me down - because he saw that one movie with a ManOH (I couldn't remember its title to save my life right now) and was too uncomfortable because of that.

So I judge whoever showed my brother that movie, I slightly judge myself with being bummed about his refusal - even though I want him to be comfortable more than anything else, I am irrationally irritated that my brother would take that movie seriously, and I confess this is all really stupid.

Especially since he agreed to play guitar for the ceremony immediately afterwards and he's the best damn jazz guitarist I've ever heard. Not just because he's my brother - he's legitimately talented.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards