Favors

Engagment Party Favors?

Hello everyone! My engagement party is TOMORROW (4/26/14) and my mother keeps asking if I am going to give favors to my guests.  I told her no, but now I'm starting to doubt my decision because she is constantly asking me.  What is normal?  Do people usually give favors at the engagement party?

Re: Engagment Party Favors?

• Favors are up to the host of the party. So that is up to whoever is throwing the party for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone! My engagement party is TOMORROW (4/26/14) and my mother keeps asking if I am going to give favors to my guests.  I told her no, but now I'm starting to doubt my decision because she is constantly asking me.  What is normal?  Do people usually give favors at the engagement party?
    You are the guest of honor.  You don't give favors out.  Who is hosting the party?  It is up to the host to decide if they will give favors out.
  • I know it's too late for the OP, but for anyone lurking or coming along later, my answer is that I would find it odd to get a favor at an engagement party. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My bridal shower was this weekend.  My matron of honor made favors--adorable white boxes decorated with purple burlap and a lavender polka dot ribbon.  In the box was three truffles in purple wrapping and lavender scented l'occitane hand cream.  They were lovely favors and everyone loved them.
  • Thanks for the comments.  We ended up not doing favors.  I think it would have been weird so I guess it's better we give anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards