Wisconsin
Options

Grooms cake?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has done a unique groom's cake and if so, how many people did you have them make it for and about how much did you pay?  I want to do a groom's cake in the shape of Miller Park, as fiance is a huge Brewers fan.  However, many places just say "you can take a picture and we can do an edible image of it".  Um...no thanks.  I want a 3-D cake in that shape but don't want to spend a fortune on it.  Ideas on where to go, what have you done, etc?

TIA!!

Re: Grooms cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I can be much help on where to go because my step-mom is making both our wedding cake and FI's groom's cake.  But I can tell you what I'm doing and maybe it will answer some of the other questions?

Our wedding cake is going to be more than enough to feed our guests.  In fact we will have some left over, so rather than adding a groom's cake to that, we will probably have the groom's cake at the rehersal dinner.  Then we can have a dessert for everyone and it will be a more intimate setting.  FI favorite sports team is the Portland Trailblazers, so I will be doing something similar to this, or else a similar idea with his favorite video game:

I think you should look for SCULPTED cake shops.  Also look online and at least find a baseball diamond that has been done in cake to give them the idea of what you want and then maybe they can more clearly understand what you are looking for.

Good luck finding a place.  There are TONS out there, it's just a matter of finding the right one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two words for you: Eat Cake!

Deb does TONS of specialty cakes; she even made little purses and R2D2!  She's our baker for our normal wedding cake and she's reasonably priced.  She's on Vliet street across from Washington Park in Milwaukee. 

I'm having a friend of mine make the groom's cake, but shhhh, don't tell my fiance! He doesn't want one, but I'm like, 'Who says no to cake?!" :)
  • Options
    sameagansameagan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going through thewww.cakeguru.com/"> cake guru of Oshkosh, Tamara is awesome and can pretty much create anything. We are paying about $150 for the groom cake that is going to be shaped like his XBOX 360... I wanted his computer, but that would have been more expensive because of all the details. We already have a cake big enough to feed everyone and then some, so we are going to save some for our year anniversary and then let the groomsmen go to town on it... since it is beer flavored! haha '

Hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all very much!  Must get on this if it's going to happen.   I appreciate it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:51f6aabb-3359-4ddc-9a54-1c4988122894Post:a5c90d3f-1832-4344-9b84-8171b2d40fa6">Re: Grooms cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all very much!  Must get on this if it's going to happen.   I appreciate it! 
    Posted by akrohn71[/QUOTE]

If the complexity of the stadium keeps the costs above what you are looking to spend, another idea my be the oldschool logo (The m and b as the glove & baseball)  I bet you could make that on your own too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards