Chit Chat

We got our first!

We got our first RSVP tonight! I am so excited but I have no idea who it is from yet because we had the RSVPs go to my parents house so I have to wait until the weekend to open it. Ahhh! Lol.

(We have them mailed to my parents since we have a tiny mailbox at our apartment and there have been times we didn't get mail at all. My aunt sent me a birthday card with a check one year and called me about 1 month after my birthday asking why I didn't cash the check. Well, to this day, I still haven't got that card so we decided not to risk it with the RSVPs.)

Re: We got our first!

• Yay that's really excited! I don't think id be able to contain my excitement and I would probably have one of my parents open it lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Yay that's really excited! I don't think id be able to contain my excitement and I would probably have one of my parents open it lol.
    @pinkcow13

I thought about asking my mom to open it but so far I am doing well with not knowing. Lol.
  • Congrats! Very exciting!

I have all of our invite information on a google docs spreadsheet so my mom would be begging to open it and update the spreadsheet! We're having the RSVPs come to us but mom is getting antsy and will inevitably check the spreadsheet daily for updates when the time comes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @hlvonb -  We did the same thing with ours because at least going to my parents house we can reasonably assume they'll get there - our place, not so much.

Also - my dad was too excited/curious to wait until the weekend so he'd hold up the RSVPs to the window to read them through the envelope, lol.   So they knew before us who had RSVPed and who hadn't but didn't tell us (we knew he was doing it) until we were able to see for ourselves. 
  • My mom was really pushing for online RSVPs and I told her no because I love to get mail (among other reasons). 

But now we're moving after the invitations go out, but before the RSVP date so we have to have them sent to her anyway. 

I'm going to be so antsy in my pantsy. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I had the RSVPS mailed to my parents as well and only received them on the weekends.  I was so impatient that I actually did have my mom start opening them LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love getting rsvp's back in the mail it's so much fun.  Sadly I've never been so excited to check my mail box. 

Anniversary

• Congrats! Very exciting! I have all of our invite information on a google docs spreadsheet so my mom would be begging to open it and update the spreadsheet! We're having the RSVPs come to us but mom is getting antsy and will inevitably check the spreadsheet daily for updates when the time comes!
    @wandajune6

I never got the spreadsheet thing. I can see why people like it but for some reason it annoys me when I try to use it haha
  • LakeR2014 said:
    @hlvonb -  We did the same thing with ours because at least going to my parents house we can reasonably assume they'll get there - our place, not so much.

Also - my dad was too excited/curious to wait until the weekend so he'd hold up the RSVPs to the window to read them through the envelope, lol.   So they knew before us who had RSVPed and who hadn't but didn't tell us (we knew he was doing it) until we were able to see for ourselves. 
    @LakeR2014

Haha that's funny! I wonder if my mom's doing that lol
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2014
    My mom was really pushing for online RSVPs and I told her no because I love to get mail (among other reasons). 

But now we're moving after the invitations go out, but before the RSVP date so we have to have them sent to her anyway. 

I'm going to be so antsy in my pantsy. 
    @ShesSoCold

I am getting antsier (spelling?) now that we got another one lol
  • I had the RSVPS mailed to my parents as well and only received them on the weekends.  I was so impatient that I actually did have my mom start opening them LOL.
    @50ShadesofMe

Lol. Nice. I hope I don't get to that point but I wouldn't be surprised if I do haha
  • I love getting rsvp's back in the mail it's so much fun.  Sadly I've never been so excited to check my mail box. 

@Peaseblossom55

I know what you mean lol.
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    We are now up to a total of 5 RSVPs now. 
  • My parents are getting the RSVPs too, but my mom is just opening them. Whenever I talk to her, she'll tell me who responded. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards