June 2014 Weddings
Options

So ready to get this wedding done...

Up until the last few weeks, everything was going fairly smoothly (despite bridesmaid issues). In a previous post, I mentioned BM health problems and the dj issue (which is yet to be resolved...54 days out and we have NO DJ!)

J did start his new job and he really likes it...I absolutely HATE that I hardly ever see him. I've been getting RSVPs back with more than who was invited so I'm totally freaking out about that, venue capacity we're fine but I didn't budget for extra people. J says don't worry about it and can not seem to get why I'm so irritated about it. After practically having a complete melt down, I called his mom. She was actually at work, but I talked to his dad. In a very soothing yet fatherly tone, he told me to just relax, that he was planning to cover any overages in the wedding budget. While he was so incredibly kind about it, and I do appreciate it, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Like I told J and his parents, this isn't our first wedding and at our age there is no reason we shouldn't be paying for our own wedding. Plus it just makes me plain uncomfortable to accept money from his parents...accepting money period makes me uncomfortable. It's something I'm trying to relax about it and graciously accept, but let me tell ya, it ain't easy! :)

On more than once occasion, I've considered just telling him we should eat the money already spent and just elope. I know I'd regret it later and everyone invited would be incredibly disappointed.

Now for something good and sweet. Things Remembered had a facebook offer (click the offer, get the email, show the TR sales staff the email, get a free charm thingy with your married name on it). Since J works in the city now, he claimed the offer and went to TR to get it for me. Unfortunately, they didn;t have any charms left and would have to order more, but he told them what to put on it and they called me yesterday to tell me it had arrived. So today he went to pick it up and told me he even had them add our wedding date. He said it's bigger than I probably think it is, but I won't get to see it til he comes home next.
Also, I decided on a different pair of shoes for the wedding from Payless. Of course there isn't one near me, so when J went to pick up my charm, he went to Payless and bought my shoes, too. Since they were doing BOGO, he said he went ahead and got me a pair of flip flops, too in case my feet get tired. I guess the sales lady tried to get him to get some kind of sandal and he said "Look, she's probably had a million pairs of sandals in her life and I wouldn;t have a clue the kind she'd like best. I do know that she does love her flip flops so that's what I'm getting" :) When he told me, I didn't have the heart to remind him that I already bought a pair of blingy sandals to wear when I took my heels off....I'll put them aside and pull them out later in the summer :)

J is handling the DJ issue, and I'm really trying to just "let it go" and let him handle it...control freak, much? LOL He knows I've been ridiculously stressed with things lately (the wedding, my job, him being gone, my essentially being a single parent, etc), so I know he's been trying to make things easier for me. He doesn't do grand gestures, but once in a while he does do something I think is extra sweet. How could I not love him :)

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

Re: So ready to get this wedding done...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards