Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Self-Uniting Marriage License - Allegheny County

My fiance and I aren't religious and wanted a simple marriage ceremony with the minimum fuss here in Allegheny County. I was happy to read about self-uniting (aka "quaker") marriage licenses which are legal in PA. Our experience today was we went to the City County building, asked to apply for a self-uniting license (we pre-filled the online application so they already had all our info in the computer and we just had to show ID and verify the info). They pointed us back to the room behind and a very pleasant clerk took us right away. She was fast and efficient as well as personable. We had to pay $80 (cash only), and swear that the information was true and correct. She then gave me info about changing names and a card that can be used to pick up our license as of 3 days from now (Friday). 

She did also say that once you file the signed license, the actual official marriage license should be available a day later. 

So after Friday, we can just have a dinner party with our witnesses, say our vows and sign the license, then return it - and we're done and married! Very easy and very us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards