Chit Chat
Options

BSC aunt *2nd update in posts*

jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
So my aunt and uncle (uncle is bio uncle, aunt by marriage) got into this huge fight the other night and she kicked him out. My aunt has always been nutty. Some background: when my cousins were growing up she wouldn't let them go out and do anything, ever. She got mad at my uncle once for taking them to see my great grandma after she had surgery. She said she was mad because it was a school night... The surgery was in July. She also has a history of lying about stuff to cause drama and if things don't go her way she gets very pissy. Don't get my wrong, I know my uncle isn't the easiest person to live with and I usually only get his side of the story. Well... A few years ago she did call my mom, sister, and I a lot to try and get us to side with her when she thought my uncle was cheating on her. Well she said she thought he was cheating but my cousin (their son) said that she was full of shit and knew my uncle wasn't cheating she was trying to cause drama. Anyway point is she has always been wacky.

Flash forward to the other night. My uncle called and ask if he could stay with us for the night after she kicked him out because it was too late to get a hotel room. He gets here and tells me and FI he has no idea what happened. He said he was watching tv and she went in there and started yelling at him. So he goes in the room. She follows him and keeps yelling. He goes to the kitchen and she followed him in there, got the mustard out of the fridge and starts squirting it at him. He got irritated, yelled at her and knocked the mustard out of her hand (FYI I'm got some of this story from my uncle and the rest from my cousin who saw everything. Can you believe they fought like that in front of their kids? They are 18 and 24 but still), anyway she accused him of hitting her and made him leave. The next day she pressed charges and filed for a restraining order. It went through, even though my cousins (who were witnesses) backed up my uncle. The cops said it had to be verified through the court. So he grabs some of his stuff and leaves. 

Now, none of this is any of my business, I know that and I'm try not to get my self involved. The only reason I talked to my cousin is because I let him on my cell phone plan and he was dropping off his portion of the bill. However, my aunt calls me today and yells at me for letting my uncle stay with me for that night. She said I was supporting an abuser and that I should be ashamed. Then she told me that she didn't want me to have any contact with my cousins because I was supporting her abusive husband. I pointed out that my cousins are adults and she really has no say who they talk to, I also pointed out that he is my biological uncle and that he would always be welcomed in my home if he needed a place. I would do the same for any of my relatives. Then I hung up on her. I mean seriously? Who does that? Anyway, I just found out that both of their kids are pissed at her for trying to get their dad in trouble and have left the house and are staying in the hotel with their dad. So I think she is pissed she alienated her kids and she was trying to take it out on me. 

I just needed to vent a little. If you managed to get through all of that then thank you for your patience. 

Re: BSC aunt *2nd update in posts*

• Options

Wowza.  She literally squirted mustard on him?  That is crazy!  Sorry your uncle is going through this, but initial restraining orders are almost automatically granted.  Since your cousins are acting as witnesses for your uncle, there is no way a court would grant a permanent restraining order.

Is there a reason why your uncle continues to put up with her?

• Options
    All the wine for you!

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. That really does not sound like normal behavior, do you know if she has any sort of issues, or if she is on any medication? I remember you posted about your uncle a few days ago, I did not think it was so bad. That must be really rough on your cousins, as well.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    So sorry you're dealing with this.  I would block your aunt's phone number and cut off all contact with her.
  • Options
    Yeesh. What a mess!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yikes, I'm sorry for all the drama. People like that suck, they take away the seriousness of the issue when someone really IS being abused and DOES need a restraining order. 
  • Options
    I don't think she is on any medication. She has always been like that though, well at least since I can remember. I don't think she has had a psych evaluation but she needs to. My uncle was actually planning on divorcing her later this year. He has had enough of her bs. He was waiting until his youngest graduates high school to file. I think the graduation is in three weeks so it was happening soon. I think they've only been married for so long because my uncle loved her so much. 

She used to not bother me so much but when my cousin got his then girlfriend pregnant a couple of years ago she did some shit that super pissed me off and I haven't been able to stand her since. When she found out the girl was pregnant she told my cousin that he should quit his job and work at someplace like McDonalds so that he wouldn't have to pay as much in child support. Then when the girl was screwing my cousin over (oddly enough this girl is almost exactly like BSC aunt) she was so concerned over the money aspect that she refused to let his son, her grandchild into the house. That was when we realized she wasn't only nutty but a bit cold hearted.
  • Options

Also, I respectfully disagree with @banana468 -- I think 30 is a generous estimate of how many playing cards are in her deck. Holy crap!!

Good for you for standing up to her; it sounds like she is angry she's alienated her kids, and she's taking it out on you. I'd also guess that her kids are screening their calls and not answering calls from her, so she doesn't have anyone else to lash out at.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

Also, I respectfully disagree with @banana468 -- I think 30 is a generous estimate of how many playing cards are in her deck. Holy crap!!

Good for you for standing up to her; it sounds like she is angry she's alienated her kids, and she's taking it out on you. I'd also guess that her kids are screening their calls and not answering calls from her, so she doesn't have anyone else to lash out at.
    Probably. I wouldn't have answered if I saw who was calling but I made the mistake of not checking my caller Id.
  • Options
    Sounds like she's got about 18 cards, 2 Mouse Trap pieces, and Colonel Mustard with the knife in a hotel on Boardwalk. 

That just made my day.
  • Options
    *UPDATE*

My uncle didn't want my grandmother finding out about any of this right now because she has been stressed about some stuff and tends to make her self sick (not on purpose) when she is worried. BSC called my grandma and told her a bunch of shit. I'm not entirely sure what but my grandma called my mom all kinds of upset wanting to know that is going on. Apparently she tried to call my uncle but couldn't get ahold of him because his phone was shut off. BSC called the phone company and had them turn my uncle's phone off.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    If I were your uncle I'd be getting a great lawyer. He needs to watch his finances and protect himself and his kids. She sounds mentally unstable but presents as a raging bitch.
    Ditto.  Take her name off of any credit cards to prevent her from running up the balances and take any other legal steps possible to protect himself.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    AprilH81 said:

banana468 said:

If I were your uncle I'd be getting a great lawyer. He needs to watch his finances and protect himself and his kids. She sounds mentally unstable but presents as a raging bitch.

Ditto.  Take her name off of any credit cards to prevent her from running up the balances and take any other legal steps possible to protect himself.

That and prevent her from wiping out any joint accounts.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    That and prevent her from wiping out any joint accounts.

He hasn't gotten a lawyer yet but he did take her name off the bank account and the credit cards. It wasn't hard because she doesn't work so she was contributing nothing to the accounts.
  • Options
    *UDATE #2* so my uncle went to court today for the EPO. BSC aunt wants to extend it for 3 years and then get a divorce so that he will have to pay for everything and she can continue being a lazy bitch (she really is lazy. She doesn't want to work but she also won't do any house work). My uncle was like fuck that. He is currently at his lawyers office and they are starting the divorce paper work. Also my aunt decided that my oldest cousin should be a witness for her so the judge ordered that my cousin can't talk to either of his parents until the next court date. My cousin is pissed because he can't talk to his dad and because he has nothing but bad things to say about his mom, so this is going to end up being a bad move on her part.
  • Options
    Wow, I hope it all works out for your uncle!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Sorry to hear about all the drama. I hope your uncle and your cousins are doing ok!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards