Texas-Austin
Options

Thursday night wedding?!?!

I need some advise! I am a bride on a budget!! I found this barn that would be so perfect for our reception. I feel in love with the barn. The only thing it is a little out of my budget. I am planning a June wedding so keep that in mind. When talking about pricing of the barn it is going to be almost $4,000 cheaper having my wedding on a Thursday night rather then a Saturday wedding. I heard Thursday night weddings were becoming more popular.
So how does a 6pm ceremony and then a 7pmish reception? 

Re: Thursday night wedding?!?!

• Options
    I would suggest asking this on the international boards.

Some things I would take in to consideration:
    How far are people traveling for your wedding?  Are they local or will they need to get hotel rooms?  How far out in the country is this barn?  Are there other sight-seeing things to do so that a family could turn it into a 'vacation' around your wedding?  Understand that to have a week night wedding that requires people to travel, you are asking them to take time off work AND pay for lodging to attend.  For some people, this may not be an option, so you may want to prepare yourself for people who decline based on those factors.

Also, a June wedding will be hot.  Let's be real, Saturday it was in the 90's here.  Even at 6pm, it's going to be hot as hell.  Do you have a way to keep your guests cool and comfortable (large fans or some form of air conditioning)? 

Personally, I haven't heard that Thursday evening weddings are popular.  Friday night, maybe, but Thursday seems awkward to me -personally-.

Also, you don't mean you're trying to book a June wedding for 2014, do you?  If so, your invitations should have already been in the mail by now.
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Thursday night weddings are fine.  I've also been to Monday  evening weddings as well.  These days, weddings can take place on any day.  If most of your guests are local, weekday weddings work OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards