Wedding Etiquette Forum

DW timesline and invite questions

We are gettig married in Vegas on July 23.  We need to have a final count of guests to our reception venue two weeks early.  We have set up a block of rooms that are discounted for guests who choose to stay in the hotel we get married in.  The hotel will release this block 30 days before our trip.  So should I still base my RSVPs off the two weeks for the receptino venue head count or the 30 day hotel block? 

Also, am I crossing an ettiquette issues here that I am unaware of>  Here is our timeline, we are doing things a little outside the box to go along with our vegas style wedding.

We are getting Married at Aria, basic package. the wedding area only has one chapel and then the bridal suit, grooms room and a mainarea with seats and tvs that will have a small fruit tray and  it includes one bottle of chagmpain for guest while we take any pictures afterwards.  We get 30 minutes for picutres after the ceremony, i am hoping its only 15 minutes or less. We are allowed to purchase more bottles for our higher guest count. So we are considering this our cocktail hour. 

We will then go to our reception, which is a short walk to get to, but because of the huge vegas hotels its easier to walk to then to walk to the street get on a bus go next door get off bus and walk.  There is a walkway connecting the two. We have a private room at Wickedspoon and dinner includes a hosted wine menu (basically one white, one red and one blush) the reception dinner is not including any of the regular reception things, boquet toss, first dances, cake cutting.  We don't have a wedding party so I don't think anyone will be making toasts and such. 

After dinner, we have rented a 72 person party bus ( invited 60 total) that will be stocked with beer and wine, we are thinking it would be fun to go up and down the strip dancing, drinking and stopping at some of the key vegas sites.  We will probably take pictures at the vegas sign, we have an elvis impersonator that is going to sing to my grandma and take some "tacky vegad wedding pictures" for shits and grins.  We have a lot of first time guests so i think seeing the bellagio fountains is a must and maybe the treasure island show.  We have the bus for a minimum of 2 hours, which I don't think will be hard to fill, and they don't take reservations later than our time so we can add time if guests are enjoying it. 

After that we have reserved a table and bottle service at a nightclub.  We aren't really considering this a part of the wedding and reception part.  More like a hosted after party for any guests taht would like to come.  We are paying for the table and bottle service so its basically hosted, but of course if someone wants something different at this point in teh night, they can order at the bar and there isn't much we can do. We want to have a great eveing/night planned in vegas for our guests, but we don't want them to feel like they are stuck at any of our pieces that they feel like they woulnt like.   

We are not having any pre wedding parties, no  wedding party, no registries.  We don't want people to feel like they need to give us gifts or money.  I am hoping our fams will help let our guests no they have no need to buy or get us anything. 

AmI hosting my guests properly?

This is hosted  by us, I have been having trouble getting the information on invitations, not sure how it should be worded.  I know the invitation is supposed to reflect the formatity of the event, and we feel like our event isn't really formal.  Plus, how to I inform guests of the different style of recption? Should I just put information about the dinner part of reception and the rest on an insert of website.   

Is skipping the RSVP card, and giving the option of online or by phone okay? We don't have a sigle guests who has issues with computers, even the grandmas.

Re: DW timesline and invite questions

• So while you take pictures, the guests are mingling at the chapel with the fruit trays and champagne or is that only before your ceremony?  Can you just send your guests to the restaurant after the ceremony, while you get your pictures taken?  You could have some appetizers served while your guests wait for you.  Then you would meet your guests at the restaurant.

• The chapel sets that up before the ceremony.  I think she said 15 minutes before, because they encourage us to ask guest to get there 15 minutes early.  This will be availbale to our guests before and after.  Guests can choose to hang around or head right to dinner.   We will not really be saying anything to our guests about arriving 15 miutes early, becayse they are all adults and are aware of giving a little extra time before a wedding starting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards