Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Are my response cards worded funny?

Rebl90Rebl90 member
First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
So invites are going out tomorrow morning (YAY!) and as I was addressing the invites last night my mother and FMIL were admiring our invites and talking about if we should fill in the numbers for the guests (we've all seen it both ways).  I was thinking about it, and looking at the wording and now I'm concerned that they are worded funny.  I didn't really think it through because we ordered them online from a great company, and maybe I'm over-thinking it, but what do you all think? How would you fill it in?

M_________________________

___ of ____  accept with pleasure
          ____ regretfully decline

Edited: My brain is on summer vacation
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are my response cards worded funny?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    How would you fill in numbers?  Let's say the invite is for 2 people.  They might both decline, both accept or one decline and one accept.  So it could be 2 of 2 accepts, 2 of 2 declines, or 1 of 2 declines and 1 of 2 accepts.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cassghcassgh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

If you are looking for a number for a headcount you could include a statement such as "Please indicate the number of guests in your party" or something along those lines.  The "___ of ____" isn't necessary.  I would agree to keep the lines symmetrical to just have a line for accepts and declines and if you include a statement asking for a number, they can fill in the line accordingly.

• Options
    Response cards were considered to be rude back in my day, so I am no expert, but I do think it is presumptuous to say "declines with regret" or "accepts with pleasure".  Simply "declines" and "accepts" is enough.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

CMGragain said:
    Response cards were considered to be rude back in my day, so I am no expert, but I do think it is presumptuous to say "declines with regret" or "accepts with pleasure".  Simply "declines" and "accepts" is enough.
    My cousins RSVPs were worded like that, it took everything in my power not to cross off regrets before sending it back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards