Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Separate Stylists

Is it ok to have separate people do hair and makeup? My regular hair stylist and some of her co-workers will be doing the hair for the bridal party, but they don't do makeup. So I'm looking for someone else to do just makeup. Also, is there a preferred order-like we should get our hair done first and then makeup? Or makeup first and then hair?

Re: Separate Stylists

• Options
    RachW14 said:
    Is it ok to have separate people do hair and makeup? My regular hair stylist and some of her co-workers will be doing the hair for the bridal party, but they don't do makeup. So I'm looking for someone else to do just makeup. Also, is there a preferred order-like we should get our hair done first and then makeup? Or makeup first and then hair?
    Absolutely!  I went to my salon first thing in the morning (7am) and had my hair done.  Later went to the hotel where the makeup artist came. Makeup was done around 1pm.  Ceremony was at 6pm.  Both lasted the entire day.  I'd do makeup second though so it looks freshest.
  • Options
    For the sake of time you may want to have the make up artist start on someone who is waiting their turn to get their makeup done. This way the make up artist is hit with several people who are done with their hair at the same time. That might back her up then.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think that's common. For my friend's wedding, she brought a hair stylist and a makeup artist (different people) on site. It did save time b/c someone could get their hair styled while the makeup artist did another girl's makeup.

Most people do hair first, then makeup, but it doesn't really matter. I am doing makeup first because I am doing my own makeup at home, then heading to the salon!
  • Options
    Yes, I have separate people doing my hair and make-up.  It is because my make-up artist was cheaper than having my hair stylist team do both.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards