Wedding 911

13 days away and we can't get a hold of the photographer

Hey ladies. I am so lost on what to do. We booked a photographer last year and paid her in full as of November as she is a friend of one of my FH family members I didn't see a problem with this and it helped me get the budget in order. Now we are 13 days away and we were supposed to meet up at 3pm this afternoon and she never showed. No phone call, no email or text. Nothing.... When we were sitting at the Panera waiting, I went on facebook to find a picture of her to know what she looked like. Found it and kept an eye out. Like I said, she never showed. Well.. I waited 45 minutes, called twice and finally left. When I get home I call the family member who is friends with her to make sure nothing bad had happened. Then I went on facebook to see if I could send her a message and her Facebook was GONE! Like completely DELETED!!! I don't know what to do?! No one can get a hold of her and now I am out $$$$ and with no money or time to get a new one. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Re: 13 days away and we can't get a hold of the photographer

• I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Did you send her an email to find out what happened? Did you leave a voicemail? Does your friend have any other method to contact her?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never heard of paying any vendor in full months beforehand. It's normally a deposit then full payment the day before or day of. But that doesn't really matter at this point. I am so sorry. Try having anyone who knows her get in contact. In the meantime, I would be searching for a new photographer. I would get recommendations from friends who were married and if I couldn't afford full price I would explain what happened and ask them if there were any posible way they could cut me a deal for just a few hours and not the entire event.

• Yikes. Why did she demand full payment in November?

What did the family member say? Do you have an address for the photographer? 

• KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    She didn't demand full payment in advance but we had gotten a lump of money and wanted to pay off a few things. We paid off the cake, and the photographer, and the florist all at once. We also purchased our plane tickets for the honeymoon. At this point, that is neither here, no there... But good news. This morning I heard from her. I have to call her tonight to discuss over the phone the wedding plans... but that is no big deal. She said a friend had to go under emergency heart surgery. Doesn't explain why she cancelled her facebook... but at least I have made contact.
  • That's good!! Now you know never to pay someone in advance (like a home contractor- there are millions of horror stories with that!)

• KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2014
    yeah, She was super nice on the phone tonight. Super apologetic too. So at least we made contact and we got details across. She is going to take a peak at the venue this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards