Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Do you think people know this line dance?

Hi, I'm picking out music for my reception. I love line dancing and I learned a lot of them at summer camp as a child. I've included every line dance I know are commonly known (Cotton-eyed Joe, Cha Cha slide, etc.) but I wanted to include Sugar Sugar by the Archies as well. Do you think people commonly know the line dance to that song? Thanks!

ETA: grammar oops

Re: Do you think people know this line dance?

• I have never heard of that line dance, but then again almost any song can have a line dance to go with it if you really want.  Also, I just watched 4 different videos of the Cotton Eyed Joe dance and every single one of them was different so be aware that just because you know one version others may know another.

• Thanks for the input.  I actually know three versions of Cotton Eyed Joe myself, but in my experience, most people in my area know the same one (high school dances, other weddings). There should at least be enough people that know the same one to get the dance started. Sugar Sugar was a long shot, and I knew it.  I'll probably not include it so I don't kill the dancing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards