Flowers
Options

Should I switch flowers? (Blue orchids)

butcher1swbutcher1sw member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited May 2014 in Flowers
I have had my heart set on using blue orchids (florist will dye them) so I ordered those after shopping for bridesmaid dresses. Now that the dresses are in and are a dark teal I am worried that the flowers will not go with the dresses. The bridesmaids will have a few blue orchids and hydrangeas for theirs and mine will be a large bouquet of orchids only. Should I change the flowers as the dresses have already arrived? I have until September to change my mind. Has anyone done a dark teal and blue orchid and has pictures? Wondering other peoples thoughts. Thanks

Re: Should I switch flowers? (Blue orchids)

• Options
    Personally, I would do a contrasting color, rather then match the color of the dress.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't really like dyed flowers at all, sorry. I much prefer contrasting bouquets anyway - they stand out much better in pictures.

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I agree with PPs. I don't particularly care for dyed flowers, and having a contrast in color makes a beautiful impact. 
    But, if you're insistent on the dyed flowers, I'd recommend selecting a complimenting color rather than an exact match. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

See if you can get a swatch from the BM dresses. This will come in handy for lots of planning things. Then go to a craft/fabric store or a paint store & find something that will be the same color as the blue orchids and hold them next to each other and see how it looks. As long as they compliment each other, you're good. You don't want an exact match else the orchids which you are probably paying a nice $$ for, will get lost against the dress & people won't notice the flowers then.

• Options
    White orchids would look much nicer. I think the dyed ones just look cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards