Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How long for pictures? +added emotional rant.

My photographer told me my pictures would be sent out in 5-6 weeks. In six days, it will be 3 months. I'm currently an absolute mess because I'm starting to think I'm never going to get them. I knew my photographer was a bit of a flake, but I loved her pictures, so I still went with her. Our engagement pictures were great and did take a bit longer than expected to arrive...but not nearly to this extent. She's not returning our calls, e-mails, texts, anything. She called my husband two weeks ago and said they'd be here by Monday at the latest (it's Friday. Good, God, woman.) Since then, her website, Facebook (even personal) seem to be down. 

I know of at least two people on here still using her who have said they've still be in contact with her recently. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. So many people have said, "Get a lawyer," but it's not about the money. It's about pictures that literally can't be replaced. I keep thinking about how I'd spend hours looking at my parents' wedding album and thinking, "Jesus, I hope I can have a badass marriage like this." and now I will have no wedding album, save for crappy cell phone pictures that people took. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? What did you do? Or, if you just want to vent, that's cool, because I'm in a venting mood after a month of trying to play it cool.

Re: How long for pictures? +added emotional rant.

• ALSO, I'm like a super fucking understanding person. If you stubbed your toe, and it hurts, and for that reason you can't get me my pictures, I'd be like, "No worries, bro! Get them to me whenever your toe isn't throbbing!" but it's the fact that there's been no real updates that weren't a quick lie about when they might be coming.
  • If the photographer isn't answering your calls/emails/texts, can you show up at their studio and try to talk in person?

If you've been extremely understanding/accomodating so far, the photographer may be taking advantage of your attitude and de-prioritizing your photos in favor of less-understanding clients.  If you can't get mad and let the photographer know it, have your H take charge of communication.

I understand that small claims court is extrmely inexpensive.  If all else fails, try that route.
  • I have had this experience. 

In my case, due to extreme family and health concerns, my photographer is actually shutting down her business. I am currently 6 months out with no pictures and only sporadic contact with my photographer. Believe me, I understand. Read your contract and see what it outlines, if there are specific guidelines, and try to be nice and patient above all else - this is for sure an emotional issue, but hopefully the photographer has a good reason for the delay.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards