Wedding 911
Options

Ideas for Mom's Second Wedding

Hello everyone! I need some ideas from all of you more creative than me!

Situation:
My mother is getting married and has asked me to be her matron of honor, my sister to be the maid of honor, and my brother to give her away. We are truly honored for this privilege!! Our problem is, we want to do something for her before the wedding, but can't think of a singe idea!!

My mother is past the age of having a bachelorette party or a bridal shower, she's already picked out her dress without us, and her fiance isn't in to drinking/strip club crap... oh ya, we'd like to do something for him, too!

Also, our sister is 15 years old, and we want her to be a part of whatever we do.

Any ideas will help and I thank you in advance!!!

Re: Ideas for Mom's Second Wedding

• Options
    You should organize a nice shower.  A lingerie shower would be nice.  Keep it simple.  You don't need the silly games that are sometimes at showers.  A tea would be a good idea.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    What about organising a nice luncheon with their friends?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I agree that a lingerie shower for my Mom would be probably one of the most uncomfortable things that I would ever have to sit through.  And since you want your 15 year old sister involved I can only imagine how even more uncomfortable that would be for her.

We all know that our parents have sex (since, you know, we all exist and everything) but no kid actually wants to think about that, no matter their age.

I think a lovely luncheon or a nice Sunday brunch would be a great idea.

• Options
    Yeah, lingerie shower and MOM don't mix. 

Instead of a bach party, how about a spa day? Wine tasting? Any local festivals? 
    Instead of a shower, how about a luncheon/bridal tea?

• Options
    Spa day! 
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im with tortoisebride. Spa day. 
  • Options
    I'm totally into the idea of you & your sister's & mom going for mani/pedi before the wedding. Maybe brother & future stepdad can go out to dinner or a sporting event. Those can be your age/family friend bachlor/bachlorette parties.
  • Options
    OK, guys, I think my vocabulary is dated.  Back in the old days, a "personal shower" or a "lingerie shower" just mean pretty nightgowns.  Nothing X rated.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    rsbloomrsbloom member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I know my mom would love a spa day.  If your mom isn't into massages, there's always facials, mani/pedis, etc.  And your younger sister can be there.  

For dad, do a hobby he likes: fishing, golf, sporting event etc.  Or he might like the spa day too. My FIs parents LOVE spas and getting pedis together lol
  • Options
    I went to an engagement party that was a private box at a baseball stadium. It was really fun! Food and drinks, younger folks welcome. I've done it for major league teams and minor league teams. Both are really fun and you can include everyone!
    They can get a little pricey and I don't know your budget, but maybe some of their friends would be willing to help with the cost?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards