New York-New York City
Options

ReBar: Bankrupt Venue!

ReBar in Brooklyn went bankrupt and shut it's doors Friday 5/9th! Feel really bad for all those already booked.

Any recommendations or suggestions as to how to protect ourselves from Venues Bankruptcy?

eta: Realized there's an earlier post. Sorry for jumping the gun. 

Re: ReBar: Bankrupt Venue!

• Options
    I was just reading this on the Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/dumbo-hot-spot-owner-hot-water-article-1.1789876 I wonder if anyone here is affected. Crazy!
  • Options
    I just read this earlier! And I was going to post too. This is actually one of the venues that we went to visit! And we met the owner, Jason, and he treated us to dinner and drinks on our venue visit! Although it wasn't what we had in mind for our wedding, we actually considered it for the engagement party.

I honestly don't know how to protect oneself, that was exactly what I was thinking when I read the article.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    It's crazy! I feel for all those affected. It's a huge loss, financially and otherwise. It affects everyone involved, from the workers to guests coming from out of town to other vendors booked for these weddings.

I am researching wedding and event insurances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards