Just Engaged and Proposals

A Different Kind of Proposal!

A little background... my fiance is a singer in a metal band and it is his biggest passion. He practices twice a week and has shows once or twice a month and his bandmates and their friends are like family to us. I haven't missed very many shows since we first started dating, and I love supporting him and seeing him do his thing on stage!

So, when he proposed to me on stage at one of his shows, I really wasn't surprised. Being the center of attention really isn't my "thing" but he had told me a few months ago that his intention to make a "big scene" and since that is his personality, I agreed to let him have his moment of glory. Not the most romatic setting, so to speak, but it was totally US and just perfect. As a matter of fact my favorite part of the video is when he pulled out the ring and some guy in the background yelled "what the f***k?!!!". It just cracks me up! And of course everyone cheered and complete strangers offered their congratulations for the rest of the night. It was a great experience, and he is so sweet he is already planning our vow renewal so he can make a more intimate proposal "next time" hahaha. These are the things I love about him. :)

Re: A Different Kind of Proposal!

• Cute! congrats!
  • Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies! Judging by lack of response I'm thinking I may need to head over to the "offbeat" section where I belong! Hahaha. My wedding will actually be pretty normal compared to my proposal, though. No skull cakes, as people keep suggesting! LOL

• Congratulations. What fun!

Don't be too worried about the lack of response on this board. After the site update and days worth of triple posting, I think people are biding their time. Just read and enjoy.
  • This board doesn't get as much traffic as the main boards is all. And the Offbeat board gets even less. Lurk a little on the main boards and then start posting there.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards