Wedding 911

Burned

I'm a little more than a month away from my wedding and at a graduation (did not know it would be outside so I couldn't plan ahead) I got a ridiculous sunburn. When I say ridiculous I mean there is a clear line where the straps to my dress were and dark red burns on my shoulders. 

Not that I haven't had a sunburn before but I'm worried that with my luck I'll end up with more than awkward tan lines and I'm wearing a strapless gown. Any tips/advice you can offer are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: Burned

• Well once the sunburn goes down, you might be able to work on self tanners on your straps (if they are thick enough). You may also want to visit a place that does spray tans and see if there is any blending they can do (try to do this no more than 2 weeks before a wedding).

Good luck and I'm sure you will look beautiful! :D

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Once the burn is gone, you should exfoliate regularly. Might help some of the tan lines go away.

Also, maybe check into some DermaBlend makeup if it is that noticeable.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• The other thing that I would try if I were in your situation is once the burn is gone, add sunblock carefully to the tan area and go tanning to catch up the other area... may not be perfect but cant be worse.
  • rsbloomrsbloom member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If the self tanners and exfoliators don't work, ask your make up artist to add some powder or bronzer to even it out day of
  • Try using that "build a tan" lotion- the kind that is moisturiser but has some tan in it and build it up over a few days so you can control the darkness of the colour. This is a good way to ease into it. Sometimes the straight self-tan cream can be hard to use and a bit extreme if you haven't used it before. 
  • As a girl too pale for tanning products, I can only speak to getting your skin healthy. Drink tons of water, a bit of aspirin as an anti-inflammatory, and keep the skin highly moisturized in clothing can breath (natural fibers). It will heal much faster.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have had good luck with professional spray tans to cover tan lines
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards