June 2015 Weddings
Options

Too excited!

So, we got engaged on February 21st and agreed that it would be best to wait to get married summer 2015. We set the date for 6/20/2015 and booked our church and reception venue shortly after getting engaged. After getting those big elements out of the way, I didn't really think about the wedding much as it seems so far away. HOWEVER, I just bought my dress over the weekend and now I am way too excited and wish we weren't waiting so long!! I figured I would post my first Knot message to help me contain my excitement. :-) Anyone else in the same boat??

Re: Too excited!

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I am also getting married on that day. :) 

Do you have pictures of your dress??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @OHBride85‌ thanks! Here is the link to the dress: http://www.morilee.com/bridals/blu/5112 Though it is not quite as full in real life as it looks in the picture. Have you started dress shopping yet?
  • Options
    Your dress is beautiful! I have actually purchased my dress as well. It looks similar to yours: http://www.allurebridals.com/products/2607

I am changing the corset back to a zipper and I'm actually going to take out some of the layers so it's not quite as poofy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    Congrats on finding your dress! Needless to say, I also find your dress beautiful! Great minds think alike :-)
  • Options
    We got engaged in April and were looking at a May date, then found out that two really great and inexpensive venues had availability for the evening of June 13. Everyone else's superstition is our gain, apparently! We have the reception venue booked and have the ceremony venue on hold until their booking system opens up - they can't officially take a deposit for June 2015 until June 2014. The reception venue comes with some seriously fancy but pretty reasonably priced catering, and we're friends with the head pastry chef of a very fancy restaurant so we know who's doing our cake. I'm chomping at the bit to nail down photography and music, because I know that once the big important vendors are managed, I just get to sit back, relax, and get back to something resembling normal life. The light kitchen renovations I have planned should be just the thing to relax, right? ;)

I'm trying to find a time when my mom's not doing work travel and my MoH isn't interning/studying/working so I can get started on picking out my dress. Your dresses are very pretty! I'm leaning towards something more fitted for a few reasons. I have a short, high waist and think I look more balanced when I wear things that are fitted through the hips, especially if they have some sort of detail to visually lower my waist from its natural point to somewhere on top of my hipbones. Also, the ceremony's going to be at a botanical garden and I'd like to keep my dress out of the flowerbeds. 

• Options
    alsunalsun member
    @astrojax‌ I think June 13th is a great date! We thought about that but then thought it may be too close to the end of the school year (both in education). I also still need to figure out photography and music, but don't really know where to begin. Have fun dress shopping!!! I was lucky that my sisters who live out of state happened to both visit at the same time and we were able to find the dress- nice to have them there. It was fun but I am also so excited now to have found it.
  • Options
    Congrats! We are gonna try to get married next year too but we want a baby too soon it depends.

• Options
    Yes I am in the same boat, I got engaged in march of this year, I am also getting married June 20 2015 and have my dress already as well, although not doing fittings for awhile bc I plan to lose weight. I am super excited but feel the same since its so far off. We have our photographer and venue booked already but the others didn't seems pressing yet burnt feel like I just need to do something even though its still far away. The good news is though im having my engagement portraits done june 21 this year and im gonna start planning when to do my engagement party as well so ill start to get a little more busy soon. Good luck with all your wedding planning.

P.S. where is your wedding?
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    Congrats on finding your dress! For me, it made everything feel more "real" (which of course is what made me more excited). We also just booked a photographer, so it's nice to have that checked off the list. What are you doing for your engagement photos? We are getting married in northern IL at my parents' church then reception in the student center of a local college. What about you?
  • Options
    Thanks! I think I was still in shock when I got my dress ha. I went shopping only a week or so after he proposed and I found the dress of my dreams. It was on sale at the time and for good price and the sale ended that day and it would go up a lot more the next day so i went ahead and purchased it. It was so spontaneous i almost was sad the thrill of the search for the perfect dress was now over but when it finally came in and I tried it on again I knew I had made the right choice. We are getting married in Nashville NC at a plantation house that reminds me of gone with the wind, the ceremony is outside and the reception is there too but they built a ballroom for that purpose. The house is a civil war era house renovated. Its gorgeous, although still in debate as to whether I want to do in front of the house or behind at the gazebo with a water view.
  • Options
    alsunalsun member
    Wow! What a beautiful venue. If it were me, I would probably choose the gazebo, but you really can't go wrong. Your dress is beautiful, too! Very unique.
  • Options
    Thank you! Im leaning towards the gazebo as the FI likes that one better ha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards