May 2014 Weddings

Waxing Woes...(possible TMI)

So today I went in for an eyebrow wax...then the place said "since this is your first time you can get half off a brazilian."  I've had them before, and they really aren't that bad....only this week I'm supposed to start my period.  Which means a higher amount of blood flow.  Holy mother of God.  She did my eyebrows first, which look fantastic by the way but it hurt so bad!!! Anyone who has ever gotten their eyebrows waxed knows it doesn't hurt that bad.  Then she started her work downtown...for the first time ever, I had to have her stop.  I was a sweaty mess and things weren't getting any better.  So I only ended up with a full bikini.  There is still some hair downtown, and she offered to get it, and I just told her no and not to worry about it.  I have a high pain threshold, and I honestly couldn't leave fast enough.  I'm going to put a nice cool cloth on me this evening to help things out.  Anyways, I had to share with ladies who might understand as I'm sure some of you have gotten waxed before. :)
Anniversary

Re: Waxing Woes...(possible TMI)

• I am laughing so hard
  • @dluberts it really was a 40 year old virgin moment.  I wasn't yelling or anything, but I made her stop.  I felt a bit like Steve Carell in that moment. lol.
    Anniversary
  • I get Brazilians every 4 weeks or so.  I can't say it's ever hurt so much I've made the girl stop.

FI went for the 1st waxing of his life last night.  He's been whining about how much it hurt since he got home last night.  All I could think of was 40 year old virgin!  I wish my MOH and I weren't busy.  I would have loved to see it happening lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well I started my period today (hurray!!!! I won't have it for the wedding!!) and I've never gotten one so close to starting.  I honestly think that had something to do with it.
    Anniversary
  • I consider myself a "Brazilian veteran".  I've been getting them for years and am pretty used to them by now.  Well, it's about 4 days before "Aunt Flo" comes to visit and Holy Mother, Frickin A!!!!!  You almost had to peel me off the ceiling. From now on, I'll be a lot more aware of the calender before I go.
  • @wanderanne I'm so glad it wasn't me.  It is horrible.  And I started the next day!  They wanted me to schedule my next appointment, and I held off cause I want to make sure I'm not so close to the start of my period next time.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards