Destination Weddings Discussions

Jamaica- having marriage recognized in US

Hello!
As I am sitting here going through my checklists I realized I am confused about having our marriage recognized in the US.
I have read many articles about sending the licence out some say weeks others say 6-8 MONTHS
What do I do once I get the certificate? and can anyone shed light on how long it takes to actually get the certificate? 

Thanks for helping!

Re: Jamaica- having marriage recognized in US

• I am getting married in Jamaica May 15 2015. We are getting married through Sandal's resorts though so the only thing we had to do was send our birth certificates into them. I think it is only supposed to take a month or so to receive your marriage certificate once you return to the U.S.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should double check that with your Sandals wedding concierge. We are getting married in St Lucia this summer and we were told we will have out marriage certificate before we leave. Its the additional copies I ordered that we will have to wait for. 
  • I will have to ask how that works when I have my first phone meeting. I know we will be ordering extra copies as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards