40-Plus Brides

Reintroducing Myself

Hi Everyone,

I am re-introducing myself to the board.  I was here two years ago planning my wedding as a first time bride.  Unfortunately my FH was diagnosed with cancer and since has been undergoing treatment. We suspended all wedding plans to just focus on him.  The good news is that his treatments have gone wonderfully well and while we have not yet gotten the declaration of remission he is just about there.  The doctors said it is just a matter of time as his levels have decreased dramatically and all of his bone scans continue to be clear.  YAY!  We are happy but stay in continual prayer.

So now we are back to planning and I am looking forward to my wedding day.  Congrats to the newly engaged and happy planning to all.  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: Reintroducing Myself

• Welcome back & love the good news!!!
  • @Erikan73 - Thank you.  When I made the post it was before May 20th.  Today my fiance got the news that his cancer is gone.  I am so, so over the moon happy.  It's been a long two years battling but we made it.  :-)

• Awesome!! Congrats to your FI for surviving the battle and for you and anyone else for stick through this with him.
  • mimivacmimivac member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Congrats! Happy to hear about your FI. I went through cancer in my mid 30's and it's defnitely tough on the partner, so make sure you have a support system as well.
  • Congrats. Good luck with your wedding planning
  • Thanks everyone.  :-)

• Welcome back and congratulations to you both! Enjoy your wedding planning and I hope you have a beautiful wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards