Catholic Weddings

Ceremony Music

I know that the traditional Here Comes the Bride and Wedding Recessional are not allowed in most Catholic Churches. I want to know what hymns/songs you guys have chosen because there are so many favorites of mine to choose from! Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Actually that is allowed in my church. Here is what we are playing: 
    Prelude:Water Music (Alla Hornpipe)- Organ - Handel, "Arioso", T.Orlova (organ),J. B. Lully-March , Canon in D - Pachelbel
    Procession: Bridal Chorus – Wagner
    Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 103: The Lord is kind and merciful.
    Unity candle: Unity Candle Song – Hann
    Presentation of gifts: Franck, Panis Angelicus
    Communion: Ave Verum Corpus-Mozart
     Prayer to Mary: Ave Maria-Schubert
    Procession out: Wedding March-Mendelssohn

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • So, Grabows, you don't expect the congregation to sing at all? In fact, they are equivalent to an audience, not a congregation. Are you sure that's what you want?
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    There is a website in the announcement at the top of this board with a list of songs some of the Catholic brides on here picked.

https://sites.google.com/site/theknotcatholicweddings/music

I recommend listening to lots of clips online or asking whoever is doing the music if they have a list they recommend to pick from.

Also below is what we did.

Pre-processional - Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Bach)
    Processional - Canon in D (Pachelbel)
    Bride’s Processional - Prince of Denmark’s March (Clarke)

Preparation of the Gifts - You are Mine (David Haas)
    Communion - Table of Plenty (Dan Schutte)

Devotion to The Blessed Virgin Mary -
    Ave Maria (Schubert)
    Recessional - Allegro Maestoso (Handel)

• I am definitely choosing Canon in D, I love that piece! My fiancé is Baptist, so we won't have communion.
  • scrunchythiefscrunchythief member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    This is what we're hoping to do, though I do still need to ok it with the organist. I'm not too worried about it though since I know how my parish uses songs pretty well. Processional Gather Us In 302 Psalm Shepherd Me O God 472 Presentation of the Gifts Glory and Praise to Our God 551 Communion One Bread, One Body 349 Presentation to St. Joseph Blessed Are They 606 Recessional City of God 365 ETA-my paragraphs won't show up:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards