Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana - Reception Music?

I'm getting married March 2015 at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana and we're having a hard time deciding on music for the reception. The DJ was given great reviews, but we wanted something with a little more 'island' feel, so were thinking of the Traditional Dominican Trio or the live band, but I can't find anywhere what type of music they play and if they're any good. I thought the trio would be very unique and different but I'm afraid it would be too low key? Whereas the live band might offer more upbeat dance-able music?  I'd be ok settling with the DJ, but was hoping to have less of the tradition 'DJ' music playlist...   Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana - Reception Music?

• Options
    Dominican is known for Bachata -you can youtube it and take a listen....that is what they are actually known for. Super romantic and island sounding! Whoever you hire you can specify that you want bachata and salsa sounds...they will deliver and do it happily!

Another little tip/help....there is a great company that helps with your guest gift bags that I found were a HUGE help so I am spreading the news! magicfeather.ca

Goodluck with the planning and dont forget to enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards