Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

So my wedding cake....

....fell over! I was next door to the venue and about 2 hours before the wedding started everyone started acting all weird. My sister is a horrible liar so I knew something was wrong and I made her tell me. The entire top of my cake toppled over and landed upside down on the cake table. Everyone thought I would freak out, but I just said ok. 

If you had told me a week ago my cake was going to fall over I would have freaked out, but that day it didn't even matter to me. The baker ended up coming back out and was able to fix the cake, but my cake topper was broken. Everyone had a good laugh about it at the reception though. 

Re: So my wedding cake....

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Good for you for being a good sport and realizing that cake, while delicious, is just cake. 
  • Options
    Same thing happened at a friends wedding I went to.  As the caterer was taking the cake to the back to cut it up the top layer toppled onto his head.  My friend started cracking up, because lets face it, cake to the head is pretty darn funny.

And hey it was only the top layer so everyone still was able to have cake!

• Options
    Cake to the head is hilarious! I told DH it will be a funny story that we can tell about our wedding day. It really was perfect so a little smashed cake didn't hurt anything.
  • Options
    I like when little, insignificant things go wrong because that is what makes your wedding unique from everyone else's.  Life and marriage isn't perfect so a wedding shouldn't be either.  Makes things more interesting and memorable that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards