Wedding Party

Bridemaids & Dresses

HI!

So I need someone else's opinion besides my FMIL and my FH.

My wedding is in mid October. In March I finally decided on a dress for my MOH & a dress for my bridesmaids. My MOH's dress is a teenie bit different. But anyways. My sister is my MOH and went to the store to try on her dress, got measured and ordered her dress. Basically they told her it was going to take 2 1/2 - 3 months to come in. Its mid May and her dress hasnt come in. No big deal its ordered and thats all I can ask. Another bridesmaid also ordered hers around the same time. Hasn't come in.

My issue though is with 3 of my other bridesmaids. 1 I know has not ordered her dress (she is my younger sister). I do know she is going this weekend to try it on and order it. 2 of them I don't know if they have orderd them or what. I sent out a group text a few weeks ago just reminding the girls that they should really order their dress soon. Early last week I sent an email to all of my girls asking them to let me know if they ordered there dress and again telling them they need to order them if they havent yet.Yesterday I emailed our whole bridal party in regards to wedding info and again told our girls to let me know if they have ordered there dress.

Am I being unreasonable in asking if they ordered them & getting annoyed that theyre not responding? Its hard since 4 out of 5 of my girls live out of state. I just dont want them to wait too long to order there dress and it gets in too close to the wedding and they don't have time to have it altered enough. Its already mid May and if its taking closer to 3 months they won't be in until the end of August.

Re: Bridemaids & Dresses

• HI!

My wedding is in mid October. In March I finally decided on a dress for my MOH & a dress for my bridesmaids. My MOH's dress is a teenie bit different. But anyways. My sister is my MOH and went to the store to try on her dress, got measured and ordered her dress. Basically they told her it was going to take 2 1/2 - 3 months to come in. Its mid May and her dress hasnt come in. No big deal its ordered and thats all I can ask. Another bridesmaid also ordered hers around the same time. Hasn't come in.

My issue though is with 3 of my other bridesmaids. 1 I know has not ordered her dress (she is my younger sister). I do know she is going this weekend to try it on and order it. 2 of them I don't know if they have orderd them or what. I sent out a group text a few weeks ago just reminding the girls that they should really order their dress soon. Early last week I sent an email to all of my girls asking them to let me know if they ordered there dress and again telling them they need to order them if they havent yet.Yesterday I emailed our whole bridal party in regards to wedding info and again told our girls to let me know if they have ordered there dress.

Am I being unreasonable in asking if they ordered them & getting annoyed that theyre not responding? Its hard since 4 out of 5 of my girls live out of state. I just dont want them to wait too long to order there dress and it gets in too close to the wedding and they don't have time to have it altered enough. Its already mid May and if its taking closer to 3 months they won't be in until the end of August.

First, I would check with your salon that you are going throw to make sure that the orders have actually been placed and that they aren't holding them until everyone orders their dress to send them in to the designer.  This happened to my friend.  The salons reasoning was because of wanting them all to come from the same dye lot, which is a load of shit because with the technology we have today dresses not coming in the same color no matter which dye lot they come from is very very very rare.

Second, find out from your salon when the deadline is to order dresses.  Tell your girls this date and then leave it alone.  It is their responsibility to order the dress and if they don't then they have taken themselves out of the wedding.

But definitely check with your salon about the orders.

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

HI!

Ok. First of all, relax. It'll be fine! Remember while this is a huge task for you, it doesn't register on the same priority level for them, and that's ok. Also, getting in a dress in August for an October wedding is completely fine. They'll have over a month to do any alterations needed. 

Contact the store you are ordering the dresses from and ask what is the absolute last date they need to order the dresses by to make sure they arrive in early September. Then send that date to all your ladies as a calm reminder. Then leave it alone until a day or two before the date. If they haven't ordered by then, send another reminder. Stop with the regular reminders and emails; that's annoying. Your wedding isn't for another 5 months; hey don't need (and probably don't care about) tons of wedding info yet. Just find out the date from the store and give it to them. 

ETA: Also, is it possible there are budget issues? Did you ask them for budgets before deciding on the dress? Can some not afford it but are afraid to tell you?
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

HI!

First, I would check with your salon that you are going throw to make sure that the orders have actually been placed and that they aren't holding them until everyone orders their dress to send them in to the designer.  This happened to my friend.  The salons reasoning was because of wanting them all to come from the same dye lot, which is a load of shit because with the technology we have today dresses not coming in the same color no matter which dye lot they come from is very very very rare.

Second, find out from your salon when the deadline is to order dresses.  Tell your girls this date and then leave it alone.  It is their responsibility to order the dress and if they don't then they have taken themselves out of the wedding.

But definitely check with your salon about the orders.
    This is perfect advice.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I don't mean to sound rude or anything (because I fall into this trap all the time) but you mentioned texting, emailing, emailing, texting ... can you call and actually talk to them? Emails can get overlooked or forgotten about, same with texts. And sometimes the tone in these messages can seem a lot more annoyed than maybe you are. I'd just give them a call and have a real convo! All could be figured out within minutes.

Just my two cents.
  • Good lord, you're not getting married until October.  All of your bridesmaids have more than enough time to order and receive the dress before your wedding.

• Thanks everyone! I'm gonna give the two girls I still don't know if there dresses have been ordered a call in the next few days! My sister who just ordered her dress Saturday was told hers will be in in mid August and alterations will take a few weeks!

Sorry if I sounded like a bridezilla! LOL!

• Call them or call the store to find out. :D Everything will be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards