New York-Hudson Valley

Newly Engaged & Ready To Conquer! Venue Advice

Hello all!

I'm Kasey. My FH and I are very recently engaged (3 WHOLE DAYS!) and beginning to look at venues to nail down a timeframe. I'm looking at October 2015, (10.10.15 ideally, I have a thing for numbers) and I'm looking for advice on a venue. We live on Long Island, but I'm orginally from Westchester. I envision rustic elegance and fall foliage. I am a sucker for details. I want outdoor access and NO cheesy catering halls. The Bear Mountain Inn's Overlook Lodge and Roundhouse are some top contenders right now, but I am open to suggestion. I think we will have up to 150 guests and looking to keep it under 150 pp. I am open to anything in the Hudson Valley, or nearby in CT or NJ. If you have a exceptional location in Long Island, I'll take a look, but Long Island is a bit too...flat..for my vision. ;)

Looking forward to hearing all suggestions. If you need any more ideas on my style, follow me on Pinterest :D

http://www.pinterest.com/omgahitskasey/

Re: Newly Engaged & Ready To Conquer! Venue Advice

• I'm originally from LI and getting married at the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club.  It's in Westchester but on the Long Island Sound with an awesome view of the water.  They are a yacht club that happens to also do wedding, so not a "cheesy catering hall".  You will be the only event going on because they only have one event space.  There's a deck that you would have access to with a tent so regardless of weather people could be outside.  You can also get married outside under the arch in their garden.  There's a garden space, a beach space, and a dock space so you get a lot of different styles of pictures.  
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Congrats!!! I am getting marred at Bear Mtn's Overlook Lodge  TODAY.  And why am I online...couldn't sleep, and trying to a relax myself a bit before I have to start getting ready lol.  There are a lot of great wineries in the area as well, although I am not sure what your budget it.  I found them to be very expensive since you are just renting the space and have to bring in  all you're own vendors.   Brotherhood Winery, Benmarl winery to name a couple.

I've never been but recently saw pics of this place in CT and it looks amazing http://ctweddinggroup.com/weddings/the-barns-at-wesleyan-hills 

• ll6747ll6747 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    New York Country Club in New Hempstead, Rockland County. Beautiful views for your foliage. gorgeous grounds, covered patio for an outdoor cocktail hour if you have a beautiful day. you can see the city skyline on a clear day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards