California-San Diego

rehearsal dinner ideas

We live in Nevada and are getting married on a Sunday in June at Balboa Park.  Our entire guest list will also be from out of town.  Considering we are paying for the entire wedding ourselves, we are trying to come up with some creative ideas to include everyone on Saturday night but on a very tight budget.  We've thought of a beach picnic or just having appetizers at a restaurant.  Anyone from San Diego have any suggestions for an inexpensive way to have everyone meet or suggestions of where?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: rehearsal dinner ideas

• Phil's bbq. I think they have a banquet room. I don't know your budget and how many guests you have.

Maybe in old town you can look up a Mexican restaurant . They also have banquet rooms and its beautiful and fun on a Saturday night.

• edited June 2014
    Balboa Park is the most beautiful place and you picked it to get married in probably because of that... Why don't you check and see if there is a concert in the Organ Pavillion that day.. they have them most every sunday in the summer time.. or have a picnic there by the Botanical Gardens building? There, you and your family could lay out blankets on the grass that you brought from home, or purchased from walmart when you arrived.  You can order boxed meals from Lil' Piggys' in Coronado and pick them up ahead of time.. they're like $12 each for 2 entrees... I can think of few other ways i'd rather spend my saturday or sunday afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards