Chit Chat

Sometimes I...

jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
... Read the comments on the bottom of articles and I worry about humanity's future. I just read an article that listed the best musicals to come out since 2000. There were so many comments asking where Phantom, Lez Mis, Cats, and Sound of Music were that is stopped being funny and became pathetic.

ETA: I don't think knowing about musicals is vitally important or anything. The musical article is just the last one I read so the ignorant comments there are the ones in the forefront of my brain.

Re: Sometimes I...

• I once provided my students with a list of Time magazine's "Greatest Novels of all Time," and they couldn't understand why Harry Potter wasn't on it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you really want to feel miserable, read the comments on the Detroit Free Press. Commentary on every article, regardless of subject matter, tends to go racist in about 0.3 seconds. And nothing is spelled right.

• I read the comment sections of most articles.    You always have the one who hates everything.  You have the ones who loves certain things/people regardless of what was done. You have the conspiracy theorist.  You have the people who appear to be smart because their writing skills are good, but the content is all crap.  You have the people who have nothing to back up their statements and they write like crap.  You have the trolls.

I find comment sections quite amusing.  Often times in a sad way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I try not to read the comments, especially on CNN.  It gets racist and sexist reallllly fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I used to be a reporter who had to post stories online to be commented on. I still have nightmares about it...
  • Every time I read an article, I tell myself don't read the comments. Every time I do. And then I get sad.

Anniversary
  • FI works for a local news station. The comments and phone calls they get about stories they run are insane. Sometimes they just make you laugh but other times it's almost embarrassing how completely ignorant people are.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FI works for a local news station. The comments and phone calls they get about stories they run are insane. Sometimes they just make you laugh but other times it's almost embarrassing how completely ignorant people are.
    FI also works for a local news station. He says they get complaints all the time when Jeopardy is preempted. 

I know it's not the same as ignorant comments, but it makes me laugh.

• krcbkrcb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I make a point to read comments and usually prefer them over the articles. It interests me to see people's different perspectives, good or bad. The bad can get me riled up. I'm looking for a good news source that hasn't changed the comment features to something hard to scroll through and read on my iPhone, if anyone has any suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards